Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
The ingredients look promising, happytimes:

INGREDIENTS
Purified water, propylene glycol, polysorbate 80, dmdm hydantoin, eucalyptus leaf oil, peppermint oil, biotin, triaminocoptinal complex (copper tripeptide, butylene glycol ppg 26, peg oleanic acid, biotinyl tripeptide-l), estrolin complex (biotin, zinc sulfate, saw palmetto, albeumen, yam root, don quai, sea kelp, licorice, hops, chamomile, sage, nettle extract, rosemary, black cohosh, soybean germ, arnic extract), nutracell complex (ethyl nicotinate, methyl nicotinate, tocopheryl nicotinate), menthol,methyl salicylate, tocopheral acetate (vitamin e acetate), ascorbic acid, wheat germanidopropyl-dimethylamine hydrolyzed collagen, maltodextrin, hydrolyzed silk protein, ethyl nicotinate, methyl nicotinate, tocopheryl nicotinate, panthenol, phytantriol, hydrolyzed wheat protein, sodium cocoyl hydrolyzed soy protein, linolenic acid (vitamin f), linoleic acid, sulfur, oleth-IO, jojoba oil, wheat germ oil, tetrasodium edta, octinoxate, fragrance

Kinda pricey but if it works, it's all good!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
that therapro tonic has some zinc and biotin in it too gymmie! Are you going to try this one too??
Geez girl, you're going to have hair to spare!

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,874 Posts
Nah, I am good with my selection I have going at this time-
My hair is growing nicely, it is JUST so curly and MUCH darker than it used to be. I have always had pretty curly hair. Like if I washed and let it air dry you would think I had a perm. But I don't. The texture now is just different, and it is super curly at the root. It was NEVER like that before.

But all is well, as long as it keeps growing, ol gymrat can't complain.

·
Administrator
33,874 Posts
LOL, oh fawnie you don't want curly hair, trust me. It is SO much work to be able to get it to look nice, if you want to wear it curly. Then when you want to wear it straight, like I do most of the time, it is even MORE work!!!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha you girls are an absolute riot. Im a man by the way, not sure that matters, just wanted to let you know. I have only been on here for a short while and have learned so much. Do you 2 know each other or work together? Are you being paid to inform us with so much information? If not, Im guessing youre both retired to be able to commit so much time and research to this site. Either way, thank you both and really everyone too, for being such incredible wealths of knowledge. BTW, Im losing my hair, had a hair transplant a few yrs back which didnt work. The Dr said I was only the 2nd person in 15 yrs this happened too...yeah lucky me...so im out a ton of money. I tried rogaine and it destroyed my face. Im avoiding propecia to go more naturally. I know this product I inquired about and other shampoos really wont grow hair, but if you could steer me towards something Id appreciate it. I already use nano and Revita. Ive read on other sites thats PRP(platelet rich Plasma) treatment isnt very good either...Im just so discouraged is there anything else youd recommend?........Thanks girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah well unfortunately it doesnt look good on everyone. I have a small head...and wasn't a good look. So I need a plan B...what you got????

·
Registered
44 Posts
I absolutely agree with taking BIOTIN! It has indeed helped me after losing a lot of my hair. As well as OMEGA OILS (Fish oil), and evening Primrose oil. I lost a lot of my very long, and thick hair due to illness, stress from deaths, and Hypothyroidism.

It may also really depend on your health happytimes. Such as: Testosterone- are you LOW? or HIGH? Are you taking any? The list goes on: Thyroid issues? Hormone Imbalance; such as androgens and estrogens, Fungal issues; this may show up on any part of you, but not so on your scalp (could be internal). Are you diabetic? On blood thinners or any other medication long term?

All of these can contribute to hair growth or lack of it and loss. I am sure you already know that if you have had a Transplant (sorry that didn't work-how awful that you spent all of that $$$$). I am not entirely convinced about rubbing some of these other products on the scalp myself, but it may work for some. It seems more internal to me.. I have heard of Copper Peptides called Folligen has helped some. I have not tried it though..was interested, but I color my hair and a little worried about that- not to mention that I am seeing some growth due to Thyroid Meds, as well as Biotin, Fish Oil, and Evening Prirose Oil. I am not in any way promoting it, but you could take a look and see if it might be for you.. SkinBiology is the site...

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Suzaz, awesome reply, thank you. Im not taking anything other than omega and vitamin c. I dont have any imbalances, deficiencies, etc...I have heard about folligen cream and may try that next. How much biotin per day is allowed? I have never heard of primrose oil, is this a pill or an actual oil apply? Im not sure if it was here or another forum where they said that applying lavender, rosemary into a jojoba base for 2-5 minutes may work...i was thinking of trying that than washing it out with revita for 10 minutes since it does have copper peptides. I have emu and olive oil too that i could apply before i go to bed if youd think that would help. I thought too much oil would clog pores and obviously not good for growth but im beginning to wonder since everywhere I read, these are home remedies..what do you think? Thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
OK, a bit long -

I have read Biotin-5,000 is the magic number and I have been doing that. I use JARROW Brand (capsules). OH! I forgot! You should get your Vitamin D Levels checked. This is another great option and there is a lot of info. about that as well. Not to mention the other benefits - flu prevention, Seasonal Affective Disorder, Bone Pain, depressions, body aches. I am Also on that! Prescription though-however, some natural forms are even better.. I have other issues that require me to take that. Evening Primrose Oil is a Capsule - it's also an oil.. I take and have read about Source Naturals in an Article for this particular problem. I believe the number is 2,000 a day. There is also a Multi Vitamin for Hair and Most Definitely B Vitamins (Biotin is a B), but the others too- Get a B-Complex as well.. Most B Complex Vtamins won't contain enough Biotin (B7), so you will have to supplement that.

---Please don't tell me you're one of those guys that Eat or use Raw Eggs in Protein drinks (that will prevent B Absorption). Biotin works with B2, B3, B6, & Vitamin A. These are great for healthy skin, nails, and hair. YEP, I take those too.. Don't forget Calcium with your D...Men need it too.
NOW, if you can handle it all without Gagging; it may help..not sure though. It is absolutely worth a try in my opinion. Try it for 3-6 months or so -you should know something by then. Besides, you will be VERY Healthy in so many ways..

Personally, if it were me..why not try oils? Olive oil has shown great results throughout the years, but that may not be for new growth; rather length..Just don't know. Hmmm... rosemary and lavender with jojoba? I just don't know, but why not try it? I have seen that mentioned in my Over Obsessively long research, over the past few years (lavender; not Rosemary though). You might be right about the oils causing clogged pores and occlusion. I have read that Emu Oil is used with great success...it absorbs and penetrates quickly. Lavender is kind if an antiseptic such as Tea tree oil-also good.

OK, I am big NIH (National institutes of Health) Buff (medicine)- Was a Study case .. They do a lot of testing, researching, and look into rare diseases, etc. A lot of Clinical Trials.. Anyway, there is a site there (Alternative Medicine) that shows some preliminary evidence about the use of lavender for hair loss.. Look here- Lavender [NCCAM Herbs at a Glance]

Too much info.? Sorry...

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
LOL, oh fawnie you don't want curly hair, trust me. It is SO much work to be able to get it to look nice, if you want to wear it curly. Then when you want to wear it straight, like I do most of the time, it is even MORE work!!!
I'll have it if you don't want it?
I have straight hair but I occasionally curl it with tongs - I much prefer it like that than straight.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Happytimes welcome to our forum!

....and aw shucks thanx for the kind words....

Yes, gymmie and i are Siamese twins and we travel in the circus together, altho right now she is in Cali and i am...not. We're hot chicas and have no use for gainful employment.

Sorry to hear about your loss....my husband had transplants too and is losing ground with it, so you aren't alone. He was using Rogaine forever..and still is, but it isn't doing anything. I can't get him to try anything else, so we just embrace The Smooth. It doesn't bother me as much as it bothers him i'm afraid, so I sympathize with ya.

Some things that I have heard that are helpful:

-Retin-A with Rogaine to the scalp. DH won't show any interest in this however.
Tretinoin as a treatment for pattern baldness

-Here's a study about an essential oil synergy and alopecia areata:
Study indicating Essential Oils provide effective treatment for alopecia areata

-LED therapy.

-bimaprotost (Lumigan eye drops for glaucoma) mixed with Nioxin hair serum. Early raves for this but it just may work! Lumigan grows eyelashes and brows so it could grow hair on top too..

Hope this might help!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wow, much more information than I expected, thank you both sooo much. Suzaz, as far as vitamin D is concerned, im a tennis pro in Fl so Im outside all the time, getting more D than necessary. I'll look into that jarrow biotin, sounds good. I am not a raw egg guy...haha I make fruit and vegetable smoothies though..no eggs involved...fawnie Im sure all the women on here are hot, so show yourselves especially to us single guys..haha Im guessing you've made it on here once you turn into a groundhog as most of you have...haha whats the significance of that? Ive never heard of Lumigan and I will google it but where would you recommend i buy it? Maybe I'll make an olive, emu, tea tree jojoba, lavender oil cocktail and put it on my hair overnight. I have heard Retin-a isnt good for your hair as it thins the skin. Again you girls rock and I will have a bunch of skincare questions for you too so stay posted...thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
For thinning hair - if you are in your 40's or older and this is a newer situation. Go to a endroconologist or whomever prescribes bioidentical hormones. It is directly related to your thyroid t3-t4 conversion. As you age your thyroid function does go down a little for some women this means dry skin and thinning hair. Your thyroid function can come back normal but if they do not check t3 and t4 which many doctors do not you will never know. Another great effect no more constipation. I urge everyone to check this out for your own health. Bioidentical hormones are changing my life, really!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts