Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
I tried it! It doesnt lighten as well as hydroquinone sorry but it does even out the skin, brighten it substantially like 1 or two shades and makes it flawless, acne-free, gorgeous complexion. It is also very irritating at first but you get used to it.

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,857 Posts
I have used Azelaic acid based products for hyperpigmentation. It worked very well.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LightenNLift were you using the azelaic Acid at 20% and for how long did you use it? This site states that "20% azelaic acid had “no significant treatment differences†observed when compared to 4% hydroquinone (the prescription level) with regard to overall rating, reduction in lesion size, and pigmentary intensity. Side effects, such as allergic sensitization or exogenous ochronosis (associated with hydroquinone) were not observed with 20% azelaic acid."
Spotlight On: Azelaic Acid - FutureDerm.com

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
I used the only prescription azelaic acid 20% authentic cream on the market called Azelex, it exfoliated really well and made me 1 to two shades lighter. I used it for 6 months and as gymrat said, it got rid of my hyperpigmentation from my summer tans. BTw azelaic acid is primarily used for acne but its prescripted off label for lightening for melasma patients and discolorations and such.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
265 Posts
I believe mama lotion uses this as their main ingredient. It is overpriced but it lightens knees and elbows well. For fullbody lightening way too $$$

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didn't know it can also work that well for hyperpigmented areas? My elbow and knees are so dark, and I tried different stuff for it but they never lightened. Even with me using lightening cream on them.

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
you need a TCA peel or something for those elbows and knees, tehy are so dark because there is so much built up dead skin cells from all those years there, try the 25% TCA on them. Once it peels you will have much smoother, younger, and LIGHTHER skin. Then you can either apply HQ 4 or Retin A to get them back to its original color.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks LightenNLift. Do you think the 25% TCA will burn my elbows? Also, where is a good place where I can get it from?

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
is your elbow really tough and rough skinned? then it wont burn, beautyscientific.com looking through the categories, its in the chemical peels section on the left hand side

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Eternal! What a gorgeous photo. You look like a model.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I got my TCA kit from MUAC

makeupartistschoicedotcom

they have varying strengths. 25% is very strong. Have you tried the 18% or the 21% yet? If not, then don't go directly to 25%. You might burn your skin. I can say from experience that the 18% is quite strong & effective. It may be all you need.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Eternal! What a gorgeous photo. You look like a model.
You are one beautiful lady, with
eyes to die for. I like Azelaic acid for skin clarity, but I heard you can grow hair with it. Not to cool for face, but great if your hair is getting thinner. Do you feel very secure ordering from ADC? It seems as though ordering from a Mex Pharma might cause credit cards problems such as theft and unauthorized charges. You should get your PH.D in skin product knowledge. Knowbody knows as much as you do and that's a compliment.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I got my TCA kit from MUAC

makeupartistschoicedotcom

they have varying strengths. 25% is very strong. Have you tried the 18% or the 21% yet? If not, then don't go directly to 25%. You might burn your skin. I can say from experience that the 18% is quite strong & effective. It may be all you need.
I just looked through the site.. they have a lot of intresting product. Have you tried anything else besides the TCA peel?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts