Skin Care Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering whether or not anyone else here has lightened with mono 20% & if there's anyone else out there using it now.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi ondine, my mother just received her package with the mono from the seller you recommended, and instead of coming in tubes, it came in little ... containers, I guess you can call them. The person said they had to put it in something else so it would get past customs. Is this how yours arrived? It doesn't smell foul at all.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. those are 'cosmetics packs'. The mono is 100% authentic from this source. Make sure your mother uses it on WET skin only & doesnt try to spread the chalky stuff onto dry skin. Then, it''ll go on unevenly. If she uses it on wet skin,it turns into a creamy easily spreadable substance that dries evenly on the skin (rapidly too) leaving no trace after it is dry. Good luck to her!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am began week 4 yesterday so I cannot claim that it has been dramatic. I CAN unequivocally state that it IS lightening my skin- so far w/o any spotting or unpleasant side effects. My skin tolerates mono better that it does Retin A. Go figure! My Avatar photo, taken on the weekend, appears darker than I actually am but it is unretouched & I am totally un-made-up. The surface melanin is slowly exfoliating away & I can literally SEE the lighter colouring beneath it that will emerge. This did not happen like that with the HQ.
This afternoon, I will make another order from this same source (so I don't run out). I am on my 4th little jar: each jar lasts 1 week doing my entire body 2x/day which is pretty good! The mono is not cheap, but it costs less than many commercial so-called whitening creams that are ineffective. In 4 months, I'll be able to make a definite statement about my mono experience: so far, I'm just observing changes as they occur.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
YIKES! I should've ordered a week earlier! I ran out on Thu & my new shipment arrived today. I love the customer service at this source: 2x when I emailed them a question expecting an emailed answer within a few days, my cell phone rang moments later: the owner of the company was calling ling distance from India to provide customer care! WOW!

I don't know if this has happened to anyone else, but since using the mono, I definitely notice a reduction in & slowing of the growth of any hair on my legs & arms. I wasn't hairt beforehand, but I am smoother now. An added bonus!

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
YIKES! I should've ordered a week earlier! I ran out on Thu & my new shipment arrived today. I love the customer service at this source: 2x when I emailed them a question expecting an emailed answer within a few days, my cell phone rang moments later: the owner of the company was calling ling distance from India to provide customer care! WOW!
Ondine - which source are you using in India? Alldaychemist? I am curious because I have not ordered from them. They told me that they do not take Canadian credit cards, so I ended up ordering RA from Mexico, which is also fine but a bit more expensive.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The mono doesn't come from all day chemist. I get it from f a i r n g l o w d o t c o m

They are very reliable & their product is 100% authentic & unadulterated (no weird texture, no dyes etc.)

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
The mono doesn't come from all day chemist. I get it from f a i r n g l o w d o t c o m

They are very reliable & their product is 100% authentic & unadulterated (no weird texture, no dyes etc.)
Thanks Ondine. It sounds like both dealers are selling decent products and providing good service as well. If only the N American sources would wake up and smell the coffee -

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
THere are laws here in N.A. preventing people from selling certain things w/o a prescription. Far from protecting people, it compels them to get what they want from iffy sources (like that m o n o b e n z o n e d o t n e t in Ontario). With these sources, you never know what you're getting. Some other sources are 'fly by night' making it impossible to get refunded if their product is inadequate. I know that some substances (like poisons, drugs & anti-psychotic meds etc) need to be controlled-but skin lightener
Please. Thank goodness for reliable companies elsewhere selling authentic products!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi! just a quick update. I'm in the middle of week 5 of mono 20% still from the Indian resource. True to what the seller had patiently explained, week 5 is when you really see a difference. Since I'd been using soething else prior to the mono, it was hard to say for certain whether one was better than the other & whether any continued lightening was due to the presence of the other product in my skin.

Since skin renews itself in 28 day cycles, it is sensible thsat I am seeing a difference now. I may upload a new avatar photo to let you see for yourselves. I am much fairer than I was 2 weeks ago & I it is fading evenly & w/o those 'white freckles' or white patches you read about in mono horror stories. I think that the uneven people are perhaps misusing the product just like the HQ users in Africa who (in rare cases) experience ochronosis.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Thats great, Im glad you are progressing well with the mono

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi again! I guess there aren't many mono users out there willing to discuss their experience. I know for a fact that this source is selling mono like crazy to North Americans so I am definitely not the only one. These aren't vitiligo patients either because they can get a prescription & get the mono from their local pharmacist & have it covered by their health insurance or medicare. Mono lighteners are definitely out there but they aren't talking. What a shame! Their input would be valuable here.

One thing I've noticed with mono 20% though is that after a shower or bath, when you apply it to your wet but not dripping skin, you are soon soaked again. Then, it takes longer to dry. What I do now is just dampen my completely dry skin with a washcloth part by part (an entire arm or leg then the next etc.) apply the mono (it turns into a creamy/milky easily spreadable emulsion that goes on perfectly evenly) & it dries quickly & transparently. Just thought I'd put that out there for anyone secretly using mono. It can make you sweat if you are already warm & damp.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm interested in this product, but not convinced it's for me. I'm a Caucasian with fair skin & freckles/melasma that I'm trying to lighten with hydroquinone 4% & Retin-A use. I would think this mono drug would be ideal for celebrities who are going into salons for 'anal bleaching' treatments or kits to do it at home. This might explain some of the purchases?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Hi! just a quick update. I'm in the middle of week 5 of mono 20% still from the Indian resource. True to what the seller had patiently explained, week 5 is when you really see a difference. Since I'd been using soething else prior to the mono, it was hard to say for certain whether one was better than the other & whether any continued lightening was due to the presence of the other product in my skin.

Since skin renews itself in 28 day cycles, it is sensible thsat I am seeing a difference now. I may upload a new avatar photo to let you see for yourselves. I am much fairer than I was 2 weeks ago & I it is fading evenly & w/o those 'white freckles' or white patches you read about in mono horror stories. I think that the uneven people are perhaps misusing the product just like the HQ users in Africa who (in rare cases) experience ochronosis.
Upload please, can't wait to see ur progress, it's encouraging. Have you ever tried your mono with oil? saw something like that on their website. Do you store it in the fridge? Mine should be here pretty soon but will use out my HQ first before i start using the Mono

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I do not mix my mono with oil. I just apply it as is to wet skin. Oil works too, though but it depends on your skin (how oily it is to begin with). I just dab a little oil onto any dry parts.

Clabbergirl, continue using the retin a HQ for your freckles & melasma. Mono is not for that. Be sure to protect your skin with a good sunblock cream or the melasma & freckles will not only remain, but worsen.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I do not mix my mono with oil. I just apply it as is to wet skin. Oil works too, though but it depends on your skin (how oily it is to begin with). I just dab a little oil onto any dry parts.

Clabbergirl, continue using the retin a HQ for your freckles & melasma. Mono is not for that. Be sure to protect your skin with a good sunblock cream or the melasma & freckles will not only remain, but worsen.
ok got u, the other question is do you keep it in the fridge? thanks

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OOPS! sorry I missed that one. No; I keep mine at room temperature. If it was in one large container, I'd refidgerate it but mine comes in tiny jars that last 1 week or so each applied all over my body 2x/day so there's no risk of spoiling. If your home is very hot or humid, then yes, keep it in the fridge.

As for celebs & anal bleaching, I bet some are using mono 20% from this source mixed with oil (to ease any possible irritation to sensitive tissue. They are really selling like crazy, though so a great many 'ordinary' people must be buying. I wish they'd come here & speak about their experiences!

·
Registered
394 Posts
OOPS! sorry I missed that one. No; I keep mine at room temperature. If it was in one large container, I'd refidgerate it but mine comes in tiny jars that last 1 week or so each applied all over my body 2x/day so there's no risk of spoiling. If your home is very hot or humid, then yes, keep it in the fridge.

As for celebs & anal bleaching, I bet some are using mono 20% from this source mixed with oil (to ease any possible irritation to sensitive tissue. They are really selling like crazy, though so a great many 'ordinary' people must be buying. I wish they'd come here & speak about their experiences!
Thanks Ondine, my house is not too warm, still waiting for that georgous and updated pic of urs though

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Since my last upload was at week 4, I think I'll wait until week 8. This way, a change will be more apparent. Recall, too, that this photo looks darker than I actually do. This is why photo testimonials are so iffy. You can never really know what you are looking at. Depending upon lighting & the camera used etc, I sometimes look very dark or fair in photos taken on the same day. While people like to see photos, I'm gauging my change on the makeup colour that blends into my skin. I am 4 foundations shades lighter than I was in Jan.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.