Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah thanks guys. I'm surprised that health care practitioners are even mentioning this to clients! Like selling Amway when you go in for a sore throat!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Some of the ingredients might be good. I have not looked. I'm sure there are cheaper places to buy the active ingredient(s).

·
Registered
153 Posts
Arggh "Multi-level marketing" (read: pyramid scam) is a bloody headache!

Truestar vitamins and supplements are also kinda $, but I did find them really effective. If I wasn't on a reduced income right now, I'd still be on 'em

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I think I'm talked out of it now! I have so many vits and supplements already it looks like an apothecary here. DH just shakes his head.

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Yeah thanks guys. I'm surprised that health care practitioners are even mentioning this to clients! Like selling Amway when you go in for a sore throat!
Ya I am kind of suprised too that a Dr. would be mentioning this fawnie. Do they sell it in their office? If so maybe this is why.

I get my multi vit from GNC, but everything else is from a health food store, or random places I shop at. I have ordered from peri's site too, it has great prices. I am not a believer in buying all of your vitamins/supplements from one company. Kind of my way with makeup and skin care too. There are too many other products out there to stick to just one company.

My most recent addition in vitamins/supplements is from my endocrinologist. Ortho Molecular Products, Pregnenolone. And a B-Complex from Thorne Research. It is the best B-Complex I have ever taken, in terms of the ingeidients.

This Dr. wants me to bring in all of my supplements for my next visit. I told her I would have to bring in a rolling suitcase!

I would hate it if she asked to see my skincare products too-

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
This Dr. wants me to bring in all of my supplements for my next visit. I told her I would have to bring in a rolling suitcase!

I would hate it if she asked to see my skincare products too-
Haa-haa-haa! I hear you! By the time I swallow all my pills in the morning I don't even feel like eating for a couple of hours anyway!

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
does your stomach ever get upset after you take your vitamins?

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
does your stomach ever get upset after you take your vitamins?
No. But when I am going out in the morning, like I did today, I only take half of them since I do not eat breakfast on such days. I need to make sure that I don't get queezy on the bus ride into town. That would be horrible. Most days I am home and so I take them and then have a light breakfast so that they are not sitting in an empty stomach.

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Mireckca- I normally eat a soy protein bar in the AM then take a handfull of vitamins then before I head out, eat half a banana, then take another handfull of vitamins. If my stomach is empty, ..........not so good for me.

Fawnie- yes, I think that was a total sleazy thing to do. Offer you something that her friend would benefit from (profit). Kind of like the people that come on here and try to get you to buy from them!!!! That makes me crazy!!!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Isn't that sleazy? And it isn't the first time a health care practitioner has promoted a product to me that he/she thought I might like!

In the Derm or PS office it's kind of a given.... you know they are going to try to sell you something...but now even in a massage office it happens! No professionalism whatsoever!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Ya that is really unprofessional in my book. Anything goes I guess now a days. But that always leaves a dirty taste in my mouth when a place of buisness does this, unless I came in looking for a product.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well I guess when you go to a health care practitioner you're half expecting that you'll have to take some sort of product. So I don't see that there's anything wrong with them offering it to you.

Perhaps they were doing you a big favor. I have been taking those products since 2003 and they have saved my life. I mean I would probably be six foot under by now. Yes really, I'm not joking. When I was told about them I felt so bad that I said "I want some, and I want it NOW".

Yes it is a bit like Noni Juice only a lot better. Not all brands of Noni Juice are good either, some of them are heated in their processing and so the active ingredients have been reduced. There are some that are cold pressed and they would be OK.

And there's no way I'd take my supplements in to show my doctor. Unless they have done some study in the field of complementary medicine, they have no idea what they're talking about in that field. It's a bit like calling a plumber when you have an electrical problem in your house! They are not taught anything about nutrition or vitamins in their course, they are only taught about drugs.

Next time someone offers you something, go on the internet and study all you can find out about the science behind it. Don't take notice of a bunch of people who have never heard of it and don't have a clue what it's about. That's as bad as asking your doctor about natural stuff. Only take notice of people who have tried it, then if they say it's not good you know it probably isn't because they've tried it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts