Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
It looks like a scam to me but I could be wrong. I dont want to pay that much to find out though thats for sure!

·
Registered
357 Posts
The only thing these devices do is heat the pimple to soften it and basically make it calmer and less agitated. They may help to reduce the redness and size to an extent, however it is not a miracle solution.

·
Registered
280 Posts
im sure some of these devices work (somewhat) but the problem is that the companies that advertise them tend to exaggerate the effectiveness and the beneifts. thats where people start to whine and complain that products like zeno and oxylight are scams. buyers dont see the amazing results that were promised after 24h.

i bought to oxylight and i cant say that its the best product i ever used. im only 21 and i was hoping to get softer, more even skin from it but i havnt been keeping up with using the device. it doesnt help my acne at all. the claimed the sensations the device produces on the skin was like chamaign bubbles but for me it was zaping me. i though my oxylight was broken or something.

·
Registered
144 Posts
im sure some of these devices work (somewhat) but the problem is that the companies that advertise them tend to exaggerate the effectiveness and the beneifts. thats where people start to whine and complain that products like zeno and oxylight are scams. buyers dont see the amazing results that were promised after 24h.

i bought to oxylight and i cant say that its the best product i ever used. im only 21 and i was hoping to get softer, more even skin from it but i havnt been keeping up with using the device. it doesnt help my acne at all. the claimed the sensations the device produces on the skin was like chamaign bubbles but for me it was zaping me. i though my oxylight was broken or something.
cant you return it if it doesnt work?

·
Registered
280 Posts
nope. i bought in one of those As-SEEN-ON-TV stores and they were pretty much trying to get rid of the oxylight and they didnt want to see it again. that should have told me something was up but i really wanted to try it and was prepared to be disappointed and loose my money.

·
Registered
144 Posts
nope. i bought in one of those As-SEEN-ON-TV stores and they were pretty much trying to get rid of the oxylight and they didnt want to see it again. that should have told me something was up but i really wanted to try it and was prepared to be disappointed and loose my money.
I never buy anything off the TV. Ive learned the hard way.

·
Registered
280 Posts
yeah me too. the oxylight probably wasnt my best tv buy but i still am optimistic about some stuff i see. the trick is to reorganize your expectations when you see a new product. you will notice that the best skin care products tend to stick around over the years (proactiv) and you can look for testimonials in forums before you buy. when i went for the oxylight there were mixed reviews. i normally tend to pay more attention to the negative reviews because they tend to have more details about what i can expect.

one thing i can say is that i know one product from tv that has worked wonders for me and thats Murad. i was shocked that it didnt even contain BP. i tried Proactiv and was so disappointed and i didnt hold out alot of hope for murad but it worked. murad was in impulse buy for me. thats really the only way you will know for sure if something works for you or not. i didnt even bother to do my usual research and ask around before i bought it. i quit using it cause it was so expensive for the amount of stuff you get with it. i switched from murad to DDF sulfur & BP gel. it worked at first but i noticed the results stopped and i was getting worse and worse acne. i think im going to stay clear of products with BP in it .im definatly going to try Murad again.

·
Registered
280 Posts
question: if this zeno device is suppose to heat up the pimple then why not use a hot wet towel and do the same thing with that? i really dont get why this thing is so special.

·
Registered
291 Posts
question: if this zeno device is suppose to heat up the pimple then why not use a hot wet towel and do the same thing with that? i really dont get why this thing is so special.
you probably could do that and still get the same results. It's just that these companies hype up their products so much and make people think they are miracle machines. I guess that's what you have to do to make a buck these days.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts