Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading up on it and it's supposed to do wonders for your skin. Only thing is, i'm hesitant to buy it becuase you can never tell who's selling the ligitimate stuff. If anyone has any information on where I can buy some REAL argan oil please let me know. Also, if anyone has indeed used it I would love to hear what you think about it.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I have heard of this oil quite a few times but unfortunately, don't know what it is used for and have never used it myself. I believe the others will be able to help you on this one.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
There are links about the different oils on anti aging bit if you need some more help with this! However if you do get argon oil you need this to be pure argon oil from health food supplier!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Argon oil is smelly but however this is used on ezcema, dry skin, wrinkles, balances sebum protection and helps with scarring, but this is a strong night time product!

I dont know what your skin condition but 2blue and fawnie may be able to help with different oils you want for your skin!

·
Registered
231 Posts
I saw Argan oil on Home Shopping Network, Adrienne Arpal (not quit sure If I spelled her name correctly) was advertising this oil in her products. She claims it is extremely beneficial to you skin. Just thought I would mention it.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Argon oil is an oil harvested from nuts in Morocco. It is used in anti-wrinkle products and as NY said is beneficial for ezcema & dry skin; it also has a high content of Vit.E.

Sephora sells Argon oil by Josie Maran. You might want to check out both sites of Sephora and Josie Maran and possibly they will have a clear description of the oil.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Thanks for such helpful info, Mari.

I guess argan oil won't be suitable for oily skin like mine then??

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Argon oil is an oil harvested from nuts in Morocco. It is used in anti-wrinkle products and as NY said is beneficial for ezcema & dry skin; it also has a high content of Vit.E.

Sephora sells Argon oil by Josie Maran. You might want to check out both sites of Sephora and Josie Maran and possibly they will have a clear description of the oil.
Yes - I saw this at Sephora this past weekend and almost bought some - thinking it might be a way to relieve some of the irritation that I am experiencing from upping my dose of Retin-A.
It seems to be good for whatever ails the skin - so I might go back and check it out again.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Mirecka dont you think it smells though, you should put some aloe vera on too this is great for soothing the skin!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Yes - I saw this at Sephora this past weekend and almost bought some - thinking it might be a way to relieve some of the irritation that I am experiencing from upping my dose of Retin-A.
It seems to be good for whatever ails the skin - so I might go back and check it out again.
Maybe you won't -- argon oil is made from the nuts of the argon tree found in Morocco. The nuts are harvested from the ecrement of goats or camels who eat the nuts from the trees (so I heard). The nuts are removed from the shell and crushed; not to worry -- the oil is filtered several times. I have heard that it's considered a miracle oil not only good for the skin but hair too.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Maybe you won't -- argon oil is made from the nuts of the argon tree found in Morocco. The nuts are harvested from the ecrement of goats or camels who eat the nuts from the trees (so I heard). The nuts are removed from the shell and crushed; not to worry -- the oil is filtered several times. I have heard that it's considered a miracle oil not only good for the skin but hair too.
The Josie Maran argan oil that I smelled myself at Sephora did not have an odor at all. It seemed no different than the almond oil that I am currently using in terms of smell and consistency - but supposedly it has better healing qualities - which I could really use right now.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I dunno may be its just some of them, use aloe vera too if you have it and may be stop using ret for few days till redness calms down!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hiya,

Yes I have, I bought some last year whilst on holiday in Morocco, (and very happy to say I'm going back on April 1st) It comes from the nut on the argon tree which only grows in agadir, so make sure you only but the real oil, the oil itself smells a bit(not bad bad) and feels quite thick at first but absorbs into the skin very quickly leaving your skin feeling very smooth and soft, I use it all over on any dry patches it works wonders,! recently a microdermabrasion session left my face feeling very sore and rather red so it was argon oil to the rescue, by the morning I looked fine. Hope this helps
Corinne

·
Administrator
33,823 Posts
I have heard it's also good for flat-ironing hair and that it leaves a nice sheen to the hair.
Really fawnie?? Hey I am always up to try something that will leave a nice sheen to the hair. I do use a flat iron. I have very think naturally curly hair. It takes alot to get nice sheen hair on this head!

·
Registered
958 Posts
I have bought pure argan oil twice from different souces. Both times I got exactly the same oil, and I cannot understand how any one can walk around with this on their skin. It smells really (!!!!) bad. I was not particularly expensive, just a bit like all the good oils. I have aslo bought an oilblend with this oil, and I could easily notice the argan smell through the lemony smell that other wise would have been really pleasant.

I would have liked to test the oil Corinne got her hands on, but if the quality is not drasticly different than the ones I got I would go for rosehip or almond oil every time. I still find it strange that in north Africa this oil is highly valued both as food oil and a skin care oil in when I think of that smell.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts