Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am skin type 3 from my waist down but from waist upwards skin colour gradually increases on my chest to type 4 on my neck and face. My arms are type 4 skin colour which contrast with my legs type 3. I would prefer to have uniform skin colour and not bothered if type 3 or 4. But one can only lighten skin. So the plan is to lighten one shade my arms, neck and head areas.

I have ordered Monobenzene 60% which I am told gives a more uniform bleach than the 20% cream. Obviously one has to be careful and I am following a recommended plan of application of this cream to minimise the risks. I know all about the sides effects etc, so not really interested to hear more of those again. I would rather hear something from someone who has used the product before.

Has anyone here any experience with Monobenzene cream?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Are you aware that Monobenzene can damage your skin and organs?

Retin-A and lactic acid is effective and better for your skin. Kojic acid too. Even HQ is safer if you know how to use it.

You are messing with your health.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm now tolerating Monobenzone 60% quite well. Initial rash gone. Only one forearm and hand been treated and effects observed before proceeding with other parts. Thin layer applied twice daily. In between applications skin washed with cool water and dried then moisturiser without sun blocker applied to hydrate skin and allowed to rest 1 to 2 hours before next monobenzone application. Some exfoliation on the treated hand started this week. Skin colour slightly pink but basically no colour change as yet in 5 weeks. I believe systemic absorption of the drug is minimal due to thin layer application and limited area being treated. I don't think that anything less than 60% would work in type 4 skin unless one has vitiligo which I don't have. I am caucasian type 3 skin from my neck down one could say but increasing to type 4 gradually in forearms, hands, head and neck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts