Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw online some super duper sales pitch for Pure Lift Ultra and a free trial. Supposedly contains Marina collagen, hylauronic acid, peptides and argireline. Has anyone used it or know anything about the product.

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I caved and got a trial in the mail. I have a ton of stuff here. LOL :/

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Also Hydroxatone... Got that too. It smells and feels wonderful!
I'm a skin care junkie!!!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Also Hydroxatone... Got that too. It smells and feels wonderful!
I'm a skin care junkie!!!
Hear the advertisement daily on the radio...how does it work?
What are the benefits of Hydroxatone...is it for wrinkles or for firming the skin?

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Hear the advertisement daily on the radio...how does it work?
What are the benefits of Hydroxatone...is it for wrinkles or for firming the skin?
Wrinkles, etc.. I've only had it for a few days. I do have 4 jars of it, so I'll have a few months to try it!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Wrinkles, etc.. I've only had it for a few days. I do have 4 jars of it, so I'll have a few months to try it!
would you recommend me trying it? I don't have wrinkles but would like more firmness and would like to get rid of the fine lines corner of my eyes but I'm sure this product isn't for that sensitive area. ...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Be very careful before you sign up for this "free" offer. l did, and over the last few months have been billed for a number of items that l have not received, nor do l know what some of them are.

l received my initial bottle of ultralift at a total cost $19.73 AUS, followed by a three month supply a couple of weeks later costing $73.79. On the same statement was also a charge for Beautypack ($73.26). l have no idea what this is.

Tuesday this week l received my credit card statement for this month. On it are charges for Healthmember ($8.82), Vh Access (3.97), Mydietid.com (8.18) - which turns out to be an online diet site (un-needed and un-asked for), and a charge of $ 69.06 for something called youthsupp.

All of these are as a result of signing up for the initial free trial.

l've also found it's impossible to contact the company to try and get an explanation. There is no email address on the site, the apparently 24/7 online support link does not work, and the toll free number given to Australian residents continually goes unanswered, without the option of leaving a message for a return call. l've tried calling it a number of times between the hours of 7 am and 11.30 pm our time.

And btw, the product isn't that great. After 2 months of use it hasn't show any signs of delivering what it promised. ln fact, if anything, the skin around my eye area is more puffy and the skin on my forehead and cheeks seems to be a lot drier. Fine lines on my forehead haven't diminished in any way, they actually seem to be more pronounced and my jawline hasn't lost any of it's slight jowly look. Maybe the product simply doesn't agree with me. But as previously stated, l can't seem to contact them to cancel any further shipments and charges.

One VERY unhappy customer.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear that Rebel, thanks for warning us!!

Maybe your post will save a few others from being taken!!

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I used the PureLift and returned the rest that was left. I love the Hydroxatone!!!! It's something I would continue using if it weren't so expensive. They let me keep my second jar-I canceled my membership. They were really nice. I use the Hydroxatone almost every day.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Oh, l'm more than happy to oblige Gymrat. It's terrible not knowing exactly what you are being charged for. Perhaps someone will read this and be able to enlighten me.

Unfortunately, it looks like l'm going to have to cancel my credit card just to stop any further ongoing charges and deliveries.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Oh, l'm more than happy to oblige Gymrat. It's terrible not knowing exactly what you are being charged for. Perhaps someone will read this and be able to enlighten me.

Unfortunately, it looks like l'm going to have to cancel my credit card just to stop any further ongoing charges and deliveries.
I had to do that with one company AFTER I returned their products and canceled! I forget which one. Biogen, I think. They were awful. I was told my my CC rep that some of these companies sign you up with their "sister" companies. I haven't had that happen to me, but I did have to cancel one CC and get a new number so that one company stopped charging me for stuff I never even got further orders from. Some of these trials are very "sneaky." Very sad....

·
Registered
5 Posts
I used the PureLift and returned the rest that was left. I love the Hydroxatone!!!! It's something I would continue using if it weren't so expensive. They let me keep my second jar-I canceled my membership. They were really nice. I use the Hydroxatone almost every day.
lol, return to where ??? Did we get the same products? All l got was Purelift in a pump bottle, not a jar, and there were no other products to go with it. It was the old packaging as well........l understand it's undergone a name change since July when l first ordered.

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts

Yep, I have had to do the same thing! I know there are plenty of us that have had this done to us before. It is very frustrating when it happens too, because you always think.......oh I would NEVER do that. Then when you do, you feel so helpless.

That is exactly what I would do Rebel, cancel that card and be done with it!! These companies do this more often than not.

Just for future buys, make sure they is ALWAYS a number and or an email before you buy. Even try calling the number and make sure it is legit. Also, you can go to Makeupalley.com and check reviews before you buy anything. I ALWAYS check reviews before I buy anything. And make sure they are legit reviews and not ones made up by that company just trying to get you to get sucked into it.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
lol, return to where ??? Did we get the same products? All l got was Purelift in a pump bottle, not a jar, and there were no other products to go with it. It was the old packaging as well........l understand it's undergone a name change since July when l first ordered.
I returned the Pure Lift to the original company were it came from. I made sure I had a telephone number. The gave me an RMA # and I returned it. No more charges. It was Biogen (No-tox) that gave me problems. I had a hell of a time finding a number to return their crap. I never did, so I changed my CC#. Finally I got a number and returned that stuff too. My bad for not having a telephone number for Biogen (the sell a LOT of stuff, not just facial creams, etc.) before I ordered it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ah, but l did have a telephone number......the ******** just wouldn't answer the damn phone. Think l've now learnt my lesson regarding "free" trials. lol

Have just been on to my credit card company and blocked my card. They going to send out a new one, so l'm feeling a little happier now. Maybe my blood pressure can return to normal.

l'm liking these wee mood bars.........shame you don't have one for "p***ed off" though.

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Good, glad you did that!

Hey, it is a live and learn world, and you are not alone-

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good, glad you did that!

Hey, it is a live and learn world, and you are not alone-
Thank you for your help and advice. Might go and vent my frustration out on the broom, then come back later for a more thorough look at the site. l much prefer natural skin care to chemicals anyway.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts