Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 5 days ago I noticed a blotchy rash on my cheeks.

It's gone from my face but now it's all over my arms and my chest.

It's not particularly itchy, it was a little itchy yesterday but that's it.

And it's really really hot to touch but only where the red blotch is like all around it it's just normal.

I booked a doctors appointment but then cancelled it again because it was a rubbish doctor and I'll have to wait days for a good doctor.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's just flat to my skin. It gets much worse on a night aswell. I have been in the sun and been hot but no more than usual. And it kinda spreads around aswell. Like it will gradually move from one spot to another. Here's a pic.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Have you been around any children or animals lately? It looks a bit like it could be tinea corporis which is a fungal infection but the symptoms are transient so I wonder if you have not perhaps had a very mild reaction to anything you have washed with lately or perhaps washed your sheets with?

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
It reminds me of a rash I got when I was put on a new BP med. It does look very much like an allergic reaction.

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Wow Duke it looks like hives to me. I only get them in the summer, but normally on the backs of my legs and in the cracks of my arms. Have you eaten strawberries, or tomatoes in large amounts lately? These 2 will cause me to break out everytime.

Does it itch?

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
It reminds me of a rash I got when I was put on a new BP med. It does look very much like an allergic reaction.
I agree with the goat and others who say that it looks like an allergic reaction. I had a similar response to some collagen that I started taking this past spring. Once I stopped, it cleared up but it took a while.

If your patterns have not changed, maybe you were exposed to something away from home and will probably not be able to identify it. If so, hopefully it will pass when it clears your system.

But if you swell up, have difficulty breathing, and the like - go to a doctor immediately because it means that we are all wrong.

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
I still say it looks like ebola virus, Dukes. Say your prayers.

Lol, stop it stop it stop it!! Dukes, don't listen to this crazy girl! I think the heat is getting the best of her!

She said I had ebola virus too for sweating on my nose, and look I am still alive and well-

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No to all of those questions.

And I've had hives before and it's not really much like it tbh and no it doesn't itch. Other than one day.

Thanks Fawnie just make me think I'm gonna die!!
I don't believe your LIES you wretched woman!!!!!! :p

The only thing I can think of is that I've been down the fields everyday so it might be some sort of grass allergy but I don't have hayfever or anything.

And I don't know if this has got anything to do with it [ I could have eaten some dodgy chicken or sumate ] but the first night I noticed it I woke up at about 3am and threw up looooads all over my bed. :/

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
It could be tinnea corporis as I said but then it can be a lot of things. It is hard to say, if you have Cannesten around I would try and put a bit on an area and see what happens--it would not hurt it. Now you have me really curious as to what this is!!!

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I took some Benadryl or how ever you spell it today just before I went near the fields and so far I have had absolutley nothing. Not one blotch.

There's still time for it to show it's face yet but I've usually got a little bit by now so I think it must be that.

Atleast I know that the Bendaryl works till I can get something from the doctor.

No, I am not pregnant thankyou. I have the implant thing in my arm

1 - 20 of 41 Posts