Skin Care Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone ever used the Funky Mommy products? What are your thought on this?

I was reading her blog the other day and I noticed a statement she had made and to me it seemed quite racist and colorist because of how the words were used in a negative way:

"...she is on the same boat as these members; has a terrible skin problem, most probably dark skin, still looking for products that will work for her acne breakouts & acne scars..."

Funky Mommy's Blog: Skin Lightening Forum exposed!

this was used in a negative way, my feelings is that dark skin is not a negative thing and people shouldn't be scorned for it.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can someone at least give me their views on this or tell me their experience with this product? Did it work?

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
I used it for two and a half months, the gluta C cream, all it did was even the skin out, didnt take me above 1 and a half shade, its quite a thick cream for me and I honestly wouldnt recommend it. you are better off with Retin-A alone or with HQ and vitamin C or an antioxidant serum.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
yeah it lightened a shade and a half, I have been using the gluta-blend soap with the kojic and gluta mix for about 6 months now, the soap gives your skin a glow with prolonged use and is great at cleansing very well. I would definitely recommend the gluta-blend soap but the kojic soap burns and is very veyr irritating causing hyperpigmentation sometimes. If you want to even your skin out and go like one shade then go ahead with the whole Gluta C cream and soap regimen, otherwise use HQ/RA if you want to go higher than 1 shade.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I would prefer the Hq/Ra regimine for more lightening. I have used the diana stalder papaya kojc soap before, which burned for a couple of weeks and then the stinging stopped. Is that you in your avatar? How light do you want to lighten?

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
An HQ/RA regimen is safe for most people & effective for most people. The name 'funky monny' alone attached to a serious medication ( a skin lightener) alienated me from trying. the fact that it is an unregulated potion from the Ivory Coast would also deter me. Not enough regulation or supervision. You can make & sell virtually anything & make any claims you want to about your product. Is it factual that it contains mercury or an allegation? If it is true, than it is not a treatment but a poison!

Her impication that dark skin is a terrible affliction IS colourist & smacks of racism. Tyrese Beckford (sp) looks PERFECT with his dark skin as does Sri Lankan model Lakshmi who is an astonishing beauty. It is a matter of personal preference combined with what suits one's own features.

·
Registered
670 Posts
...Not to forget the lovely, dark chocolate Alek Wek!

I e-mailed them a question a while back and got no response.

With them making comments like this, they DON'T DESERVE my money anyway.

There are too many alternatives to let someone with a disgusting attitude like that get rich off of darker people who are lightening.

Not worth the 'tude'. But, hey, that's just me. A nasty attitude turns me into Super
B**ch.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I agree. The name "Funky Mommy" turned me off on ever trying her products and such colorist, racist, and unprofessional statements coming from a skin lightening company at that was a slap to the face. I don't know if the products are made in the Ivory Coast, but I know the business is located in New York. Even if the mess did work, the statements were a complete dissapointment. This is what the company deserves for saying such colorist comments

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I completely agree with you. It is one thing to sell legitimate lightening products as an esthetic option to those who want them, it is another thing to use coersive manipulative tactics that promote the worst prejudices to peddle false 9& dangerous) toxins to desperate & vulnerable people. They really ought to be ashamed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well I'm using the funky mommy kojic acid lotion and I'm seeing excellent results but glutathion soap is trash lol. Her name is Mags and she is a super ***** and she blocked me from ordering from the site but I had to be nice to her because I wanted to try the lotion and I'm so I glad I did its a good lotion guys. The people on AMHD are very mean its seller central! I'm glad I'm over here now = )

·
Registered
819 Posts
Hey Melxoxo. I just ordered the GLUTA C to see wat the hype is all abt. How long did it take to see results with kojic lotion.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well I never used gluta c but a girl over at AMHD used it and she got good results. It took like a week. I used likas papaya soap aswell and that could have sped up the results

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes your right Goddess, Alek is very beautiful and her features are more profound with darker skin instead of light. Personally, I believe that the America's Next Top Model candidate Anchal Joseph, who is from India is so stunning. To me I always felt that her beauty far surpassed Aishwarya Rai by far, although Aishrawya is beautiful too. But, Anchal's, to me, has flawless features.

I have heard that several people who used the mommy kojic acid lotion and gluta-c gave them minimal results. Their active ingredients are not potent, and too high of a price for the ingredients. And your right Odine, whether if it worked or didn't work no one has the right to scorn someone of their color, I could never lower myself to buy products that are being sold by a colorist-racist that makes it so known of their prejudices. I rather spend my money else where...

·
Registered
670 Posts
Anchal pissed me off with her insecurities. I was like, how in the %^&! can someone, so FLAWLESSLY GORGEOUS, think otherwise?!

As for FunkyMummy, she might want to invest in smarter scam artists. Sending her minions to message boards and putting guys in uneven makeup and trying to sell it to these people who don't know any better.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I remember her: she came out crying because her eyes weren't blue. She is super gorgeous to US but in her community, she's definitely get passed over for light skinned girls who were less beautiful. It is a sad truth. Sri Lankan super model Lakshmi was saying the same thing: in India, she's too dark to model-BUT she hit it BIG in Europe (like Alek Wek did). Hopefully, minds will open & these narrow beauty paradigms will be reevaluated.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah, I know what you mean. I was shocked to see how insecure she was and she was the most beautiful. I don't know why she was so insecure, but I hope she has now strengthened up. Yea, most likely it is because of her skintone and how other Indians may have treated her, that's sad. I am still trying to find picts of Lakshmi?

I know, after reading her blog, I thought that Funk Mommy (not a typo) would have learned her lesson the first time
. Men wearing uneven makeup looks nasty, especially when it's painted 5 shades lighter than the neck....women know when others are wearing makeup or not.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh yes, I have seen Lakshmi before, she is stunning too. I don't blame them for moving to Europe and making it big, and let others appreciate their beauty.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
At least the dorks at monobenzonedotnet have left us alone...for now...

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.