Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NeoStrata Brightening gel is supposed to exfoliate and brighten skin complexion irregularities. If you have used the product, can you tell me what results, if any, that you received? And also, how long did it take to see results?

I put the pic of Meagan Good just to give y'all an ideal of my skin goal, he he.

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
I tried it for about 3 months, it will give you a nice glow with continued use but thats about it, its effects are comparable to vitamin C serum, it wont take you higher than 1 to 1 1/2 shades lighter. Its good for evening very slight discolorations.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Apparently, my hormones are a bit off so neck and lower half of my face has gotten darker. Thanks for answering! I am not trying to "bleach" my skin; just fade the hyperpigmentation. My goal is to have skin akin to Megan Good or Gabrielle Union;glowing clear skin. I don't think it's an impossible goal, as I formerly had this skin
My skin is not horrible but it's not flawless either.

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
what age range are you? copper peptides age your skin in many instances/cases, did you happen to read Lexi's thread "Warning Copper Peptides" at the anti-aging department?

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you know anywhere that I can get Retina A w/o a prescription and cheap(online)? It'd be nice if they accept money order as payment too. A legit site,lol.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Use Retin-A to clear up ur imperfections and brighten ur skin. Use the 0.05% cream version and vitamin C serum and sunblock during the day to get an even tone.
^^^
Yeah, I ordered the 0.025% version as my skin is not horrible and that is what my derm recommended. But I didn't get the chance to ask her if mixing AHA with retinoid is OK. So, for example, would mixing Neostrata brightening gel with the retnoid cancel out the effects of it? Or is it best to apply the gel afterwards?

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
It sounds about the same as the the results from La Roche Posay Dela D serum. that stuff is great but not fantastic....it lightened some really severe scars I had on my knees and ankle( my dog decided he wanted to take me for a walk and dragged me close to a block) the scars are much lighter no doupt about that, they don't stick out a quarter as much...but they aren't gone as of yet....It's been about a week that I've been using it night and day.... we'll see what happens with continued use.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts