Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have been reading alot about the scarwiper product.... has anyone tried it?
I'm having a little acne scars on my cheeks...i have tried from chemical peels to many others... any other recommendations??? please help...

·
Registered
224 Posts
it is junk, don't waste your time and money!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
The only product I recommend for actual scar improvement is Kelo-cote--it is essentially liquid silicone that goes on like a gel and like liquid bandage it covers the scar invisibly and works wonders for smoothing, lessening the red and improving texture.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hm, I'd be wary of a product that claims to improve my red scars within 3 days...that doesn't sound realistic to me, especially for something that is said to be 'gentle'.

What type of scars do you have? Do they have a contour or just a color? Have you had them for long?

In my experience for most red scars time is the best healer, I hope it'll be true for you! The healing can be accelerated by using a retinoid and a BHA product to stimulate new skin formation. Maybe Scarwiper could be complementary to that, at least.... And protecting the scar is important (personnally I massage a bit of Biafine cream on the redness, and sometimes a bit of almond oil which all work great - but next time I'll try Lexi2009 tip thanks Lexi2009!).

Hope this helps, good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there, I've actually tried this product. Was a little skeptical initially, but well, had already tried a range of products, so decided to try this anyway since it does not involve any harmful chemicals or surgery.

Using it was easy enough, just wet it with water and 'wipe' your face. (I already washed my face with cleanser as they said it is supposed to work with just water) Amazingly, I could see little bits of dirt, kind of like when rub away pencil writing? umm yucks but yeh, that's kinda how it looks like. I didn't expect that as I had already washed my face clean...so maybe not so clean after all.

Been using it for a while already, and so far, my face is smoother as compared to when I first started using it. Of course, don't use it on open wounds/freshly popped pimples! Let it heal, then use it. I've noticed my scars getting lighter.

Hope that helps, any one else tried this, do review

1 - 5 of 5 Posts