Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried hte Wen hair care all in one product that we see all over the networks as informercials? It apparently claims to have all these herbs, vitamins, and minerals to clean ur hair and can also be used as a leave in condition after shampooing with it. Sounds very interesting.

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Anyone tried hte Wen hair care all in one product that we see all over the networks as informercials? It apparently claims to have all these herbs, vitamins, and minerals to clean ur hair and can also be used as a leave in condition after shampooing with it. Sounds very interesting.
No, I am not an informercial kinda gal. If there is something on an informercial there is a reason for it. To have to pay for a half hour show to convince the public that your product is worth buying???? ...........just doesn't do it for me.

So, the answer is no, LnL, I have never tried the Wen products.

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
fawnie, if you are leaving now, will you make that serum for me?
Just let me know when it is ready, and I will be over!!

·
Registered
419 Posts
I tired it and didn't like it because my hair didn't feel clean. The product is very heavy and is great as a conditioner but not as a shampoo/cleansing product.
I use it as a conditioner because I have it but wouldn't re purchase it. I don't like the concept of using a conditioner as a shampoo.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I've used Wen in the past. I did not like it, it did not get my hair clean enought. BUT I have very fine, oily-prone caucasian hair. Lol. I've heard that a lot of people with thick, coarse, dry, curly hair have good results with it. I read an article from the beauty brains website that says using plain old Suave conditioner will do the exact same thing. The Suave conditioners are formulated the same way. Wen is very, very expensive and he typically recommends using 20+ squirts of the stuff for every washing!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Im with vananners on this one! Made my hair oily and limp....looked EXACTLY like my hair does first day w/o washing it. Dont spend the $$ your paying to for the infomercial and shipping! Another product I tried which was exactly the same was Nexxus Therappe Luxurious Moisturizing Shampoo and Nexxus Humectress Ultimate Moisture Conditioner. Two products but they were exactly like the Wen.

If you want one step squeeze them into your hand at the same time?! Might be ok for shorter mens hair but too much moisture for me!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I wanted to chime in and say that I love Wen. I first became aware of it a couple of years ago when I saw it presented on QVC. I ordered some and I'll admit that at first I just didn't get it. But I went to Chaz Dean's website and educated myself as to how to properly use it. The key is to use enough product and also to add more water after 3-5 minutes to emulsify it well before rinsing. That added water makes a big difference, it gets really slick and kinda foams up. Also, when using additional product as a leave in, it should be applied to soaking wet hair. I have a lot of medium length hair but it's fine, and I come away with clean and bouncy hair! Never any static. Once a month or so I will use a lathering shampoo (Ojon S&P) so I don't get a build up, but I've gotta say, I'm over lather! It feels like the lather is actually damaging my hair!

Some people don't know that Wen comes in 5 different formulations. Fig is the heaviest, for coarse or ethnic hair. Tea Tree Oil for oily hair or problem scalp. Lavender is best for the finest hair. There's aloe & cucumber and sweet almond mint, which is what I decided on. I've got my man using the TTO; he's oily and thinning and he's devoted too!

I spend about $45 for a 32 oz bottle from QVC. I guess that's relatively expensive, but I'm not buying a salon shampoo and a separate conditioner, which would likely cost me in that neighborhood. I can't be the only one diggin this stuff, because every time I go to reorder I get put on a wait list for it! There are lots and lots of favorable reviews from the Wen faithful @ QVC.

I was very disappointed to see that Chaz Dean decided to hook up with Guthy-Renker and go the infomercial route. It's so cheezy.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Im with vananners on this one! Made my hair oily and limp....looked EXACTLY like my hair does first day w/o washing it.
Personally, Chaz Dean's hair always looks limp and filthy to me so Wen never held much appeal. I'd guess you could get the same results using conditioner only and adding a drop or two of essential oil to it. No?

·
Registered
267 Posts
One thing I noticed on the infomercial was that the hair appears limp (like a baby's hair) after the shampoo. I favor hair with body and fullness, not wimpy. Even the famous actors who appear on the infomercial have that limp look. To me, that's not attractive.

PS limp baby hair (or curled, etc) is adorable on babies but gimme full, luxurious hair!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, I've tried it. Bottom line, it is not worth the money. I have fine, somewhat thin hair, and it did improve the volume and texture incrementally. But it's not worth the $$. I'm finding that Aveda's Smooth Infusion products do a better job, and they are at approximately the same price point.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Been wanting to try Aveeno..Will try and post.Wen is just ok..But I do like Ojon . tiny bit left of Shampoo..Excited,,For Aveeno..!!will save a llittle..$$

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes, tried it and hated it. It made my hair limp, flat and dull looking and it wouldn't hold a style, may have too much moisturizer for me.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I tried it and it was okay! I have healthy hair. I think it's best to help those with coarse damaged hair. My co-worker swears by it.. she is using it daily and its helping her texture and manageability lots.
You look like you have great hair LNL.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was introduced to Wen on QVC and having baby fine, limp hair it also did not work well for me as it made my hair feel oily by midafternoon but I loved the way it felt in the mornings. I think if you have dry, thick hair it is great. I also got some breakout along my hairline after about a month of use.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts