Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone uses or has used Sephoras Erase Paste. I am looking for a good foundation that helps cover blemish marks. I have read that it is thick, so you only need a small amount. I was wondering if anyone had any reviews on it. I am searching for a good foundation. I have oily skin with large pores, and every foundation that I have used seems to magnify my pores and fine lines. Bare Essentials also seems to do the same thing. so I stay away from those products as well... appreciate any feedback

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Mom, (eeeeek!)
I was looking at that myself at Sephora.com, but it seems to be more of a concealer, isn't it? I 'spose you could use it all over, but it might be a bit thick.

What about using a good primer to "prime" your skin before foundation? Mari here has oily skin and likes Skinn Orchid Gel. That way the foundation doesn't have to do all the work and you can use less of it.

Bobbi Brown makes a great Corrector that I use for circles and veins.
Bobbi Brown Cosmetics :: Corrector

There is a video also for application tips at that link.

Skin | care | talk

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
If you do a search and look for "Orchid Gel" in posts, it should pop up.

I would like to see a spackle made for those pesky pores....actually Laura Geller Cosmetics made one, but it isn't so great - it's mostly silicone which doesn't look so good on me, it just turns greasy.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought a so called "spackle" it was supposed to fill in the pores, it came with a spatula. I had the same issue as you did, just made my skin look even shinier (very oily) I am trying to look up the Orchard Gel. In the meantime, I just went to ebay and purchased some samples of the erase paste, (5 samples for 6.80) I will try that. I am also on the bobbi brown website looking at the product you recommended.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I was wondering if anyone uses or has used Sephoras Erase Paste. I am looking for a good foundation that helps cover blemish marks. I have read that it is thick, so you only need a small amount. I was wondering if anyone had any reviews on it. I am searching for a good foundation. I have oily skin with large pores, and every foundation that I have used seems to magnify my pores and fine lines. Bare Essentials also seems to do the same thing. so I stay away from those products as well... appreciate any feedback
I was in Sephora a long while ago and actually tried some of this on. That is, if you are talking about the Erase Paste - by Benefit Cosmetics. I found it to be too thick and sticky and pasty and so did not buy it.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mirecka,

yes that is the one!! yes I heard it is thick and pasty. I will give it a try when I get my sample and let you know.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I've used orchid gel both the tinted and untinted -- it gives a velvety matte finish to your skin and can be used as a primer or on top of your makeup. (I prefer the untinted).

Recently I've been using the Smashbox primer and like it as well -- much easier to get locally.

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Personally I think finding a good primer with oily skin is a toughy. Most primers are silicone based and tend to make your foundation slip. Having oily skin I would think would make it slip that much more. Unless, maybe try applying the primer without using moisturizer then apply foundation. Smashbox makes great primers, and even has an oil free one. I have tried them all. The oil free might be an option for you. But another thing you can try-
Is Monistat Bikini Chafing Gel A Good Makeup Primer? | The Beauty Brains

I have tried it, and it feels JUST like the Smashbox primers. Let me know what you do end up with-

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am going to look into the Monistat. I just read the article from the link you posted, and it seems that basically they have the same ingredients. I will keep you posted. Thanks for all the suggestions

·
Registered
2 Posts
BTW- i hope this posts. I have no idea yet why a reply post in another thread a few weeks ago maybe didn't take...If this doesn't, I will find out what i have missed.

Hmmm...The Monistat gel is an unexpected option. I too need an oily skin primer, amongst many sought new solutions. I have read it feels the same, the ingredients are about the same- but any direct experience feedback with any of you who have tried how it works?

'Setting' makeup after - is another idea and concept I have high hopes for. I wonder about how it would work as I presently understand options- prob wrong thread...and as a newbie, not sure how that rolls here
?
Oh it is annoying carrying around and doing the regular touch ups- all round. Lasting anything short of tattoo makeup-
I so hope to not have problems getting Urban decays eye makeup primer soonish at Sephora- I have heard they run out of stock a lot, and planned, with so much positive feedback over time to leave the country with a few- with that problem solved. Just wondering- anyone know if is it available elsewhere for back up? ( I may be a mad poster today and will try to seek the best threads ) thanks amigas- and some amigos too I gather

1 - 11 of 11 Posts