Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a sample of this and I really like it. Has anyone been using this product for a while and would like to share if they like/dislike it?

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
DHC FOR BEAUTY AND HEALTH: Skincare

It's active ingredient is magnesium ascorbyl phosphate. Not the best form of C for use in a C serum/cream. But you might like it.
Make your own C serum and get a better product and save money.

Magnesuim ascorbyl phosphate

Magnesuim ascorbyl phosphate is a water-soluble derivative of vitamin C rapidly gaining popularity in skin care. It is nonirritating and more stable than vitamin C. Most importantly, magnesuim ascorbyl phosphate appears to have the same potential as vitamin C to boost skin collagen synthesis but is effective in significantly lower concentrations. Overall, magnesuim ascorbyl phosphate appears to be a better choice than vitamin C for people with sensitive skin and those wishing to avoid any concomitant exfoliating effects. (Most vitamin C formulas are highly acidic and therefore produce exfoliation.)

Skin care products with magnesuim ascorbyl phosphate are available and their number is growing. Be careful though. Many products contain less than effective concentration and fail to boost collagen synthesis. Also, even though magnesuim ascorbyl phosphate is several times more stable than vitamin C, it still gradually degrades when exposed to light and air. Hence freshness and proper storage are important.

Link for the above info......Vitamin C derivatives: skin benefits of ascorbic acid without the downside

http://www.smartskincare.com/treatme...ulic-acid.html

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I appreciate the recs to DIY, but I'm not a DIY person. I'd read relatively good things about this product and was hoping that maybe someone who actually used it would post here. I've checked MUA reviews also.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I tried and loved it ! I have combination to dry skin, and it does wonder for tightening my pores !
If don't use it alot in winter tho, because it makes some areas on my face too dry when i'm out of avene moisturiser.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts