Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I was using the real black soap, but now see that it was fake black soap. The Nudian Heritage one, I believe it has black dye in it and is hard. After I had washed my face with it last week, my face had a bad reaction as it is now swollen, very red and irritated, the pores are still now very large on my cheeks and nose areas, it stung whenever I touched it or put anything on it but not anymore, and even my skin had broken out as though I was allergic to shrimp or something. I now threw it in the trash.

I know I have sensitive skin and this happened to me before back in highschool with using the and w/a facial soap and with the Stridex acne wipes. But, this is worse. I was hoping the black soap would help lighten my blemishes and acne spots. Has anyone had a similar experience?

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Nubia Heritage soap, ambi black soap, ultra low black soap,... all of these soaps contains dye, they are not the real black soap from Africa.
If you need the real black soap, y ou can buy Dudu osun soap, or if you live in New York, you can buy it in junk in Harlem. Nasaabdotcom an online store sells the real black soap, the soap is called ''traditional black soap''I do not know how effective is the black soap, but some people swear by it.
I used it, but not long enough to see results.
Black soap is not black its kind of brown.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Nubia Heritage soap, ambi black soap, ultra low black soap,... all of these soaps contains dye, they are not the real black soap from Africa.
If you need the real black soap, y ou can buy Dudu osun soap, or if you live in New York, you can buy it in junk in Harlem. Nasaabdotcom an online store sells the real black soap, the soap is called ''traditional black soap''I do not know how effective is the black soap, but some people swear by it.
I used it, but not long enough to see results.
Black soap is not black its kind of brown.
Does Genuine black and white soap have a dye too or it works. I am currently using it. I bought it from a local Asian owned black hair store. I do notice that it has very orange color, it bleeds orange lol!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
The real taditional black soap boasts an impressive & centuries' old track record. i am on the waiting list for a company that sells it. It is hand-made. It is a mottled brownish colour & contains no dyes whatsoever. Somewhere in this forum, someone posted a link & to a wealth of info about authentic black soap. I'll try to find it.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everybody. Yeah after the experience, I decided to do some research on real black soap, the color, texture, and so forth. Something I should have done in the beginning. Well, if you guys find a place where they sell authentic black soap please let me know. I may try to dudu osun soap, or see if I can find where it is more homemade of something.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Please google nasaab black soap, this is what i found.

About Black Soap

What is Black Soap? Where does it come from?
Black Soap or African Black Soap comes from plantain skin. It is a natural source of vitamins A & E and iron. (Plantain is a popular food in Africa, South America & other parts of the world. It can be found in ethnic or international grocery stores such as Latino, Caribbean or African. It looks like banana but much bigger. It does not taste like a banana & has to be cooked before eating) The skin of the plantain is gingerly dried to a precise texture under the hot African sun. It is then roasted in a clay oven. The heat must be constant in order to achieve a particular color, texture & smell. In some recipes, Cocoa Pod is used instead of plantain skins. Others use both the Cocoa Pod and plantain skins. Cocoa Pod is the shell of the Cocoa fruit. The cocoa beans are used for making chocolate or cocoa butter among other things.

Benefits of Black Soap
A Brief History of Black Soap
FAQ About Black Soap

How to Store and Use Black Soap
To use Black Soap for a shower or bath - Wet your sponge or wash cloth, rub the black soap on the sponge or wash cloth and you are ready for a shower or bath.

To use Black Soap for hair - Wet your hair, rub black soap in your hair until it lathers. Wash your hair, rinse & repeat the process until your hair is clean. Apply our Enriching Hair Conditioner.

To store unused Black Soap - Place Black soap in a cool dry area wrapped in saran wrap or in a zip lock bag or in a taperware. Black soap has natural glycerin so it will naturally absorb moisture from the air and become darker in color and softer in texture when left exposed.
To store Black Soap in the shower - After showing or bathing, do not leave black soap in water. If storing black soap in a soap dish, make sure the soap dish is well drained. If storing black soap on a surface, make sure surface does not have a paddle of water.
Shelf-Life- Black Soap does not go bad. It can be used at anytime if stored properly.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
mine did not bleed orange!!!

Does Genuine black and white soap have a dye too or it works. I am currently using it. I bought it from a local Asian owned black hair store. I do notice that it has very orange color, it bleeds orange lol!

·
Registered
3 Posts
My daughter uses Black African DuDu soapon her face to help with acne. She likes it and says it helps her skin. I can find the website if you are still interested.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
My daughter uses Black African DuDu soapon her face to help with acne. She likes it and says it helps her skin. I can find the website if you are still interested.
i looked up this soap on amazon and there are great reviews... i think i may try it.. its supposedly a high lather soap that thuroughly cleanses but is good for eczema.. i dont have eczema but that usually means its not drying

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Trouve! Here's the link to the authentic black soap:

Traditional African Black Soap

They're still out of stock so add your name to the waiting list.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I thought I was using the real black soap, but now see that it was fake black soap. The Nudian Heritage one, I believe it has black dye in it and is hard. After I had washed my face with it last week, my face had a bad reaction as it is now swollen, very red and irritated, the pores are still now very large on my cheeks and nose areas, it stung whenever I touched it or put anything on it but not anymore, and even my skin had broken out as though I was allergic to shrimp or something. I now threw it in the trash.

I know I have sensitive skin and this happened to me before back in highschool with using the and w/a facial soap and with the Stridex acne wipes. But, this is worse. I was hoping the black soap would help lighten my blemishes and acne spots. Has anyone had a similar experience?
OH no Eternal... im sad that you had this happen.. i hear theafrican du-du osun black soap is good.. but im not sure if this one is considered authntic
african dudu osun black soap - Google Product Search

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, thanks PinkMoscato. The swelling has gone down now, although my pores are much larger than usual. I just started back on my regimen last night, and I noticed that I have tanned. I am quite indecisive, but I think I'll be trying the Hq/Ra regimin once the seasons has really changed and much cooler.

Thanks Goatlady for the link, I checked it out but is the soap light gray that they have posted? I will also consider the dudu osun soap as well. Has anyone used black soap? I do like the way the Nasabb black soap looks, very natural and only 5 bucks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I use Shea Terra Organics' Rose Hips Black Soap Deep-Pore facial wash. It is 100% natural and comes in a glass bottle dispenser with a pump. I have oily, acne-prone skin that is also sensitive. I use it on my t-zone and problem areas 2x a day. ( I only use a small amount ). It has never caused me any irritation. ( I let it sit on my skin for 5-10 mins before rinsing it off, but for some people that may be too drying ). Some cleansers don't really make my skin feel 'clean' enough, but this has been great for me ( I follow with an alcohol-free toner ). I definitely recommend just spot-testing ( a small area of skin ) first though, to make sure you don't have a reaction to it. And like I said, it can be drying, so don't overdo it.... just use it where your face gets most oily and/or congested, and use a small amount.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts