Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I was using the real black soap, but now see that it was fake black soap. The Nudian Heritage one, I believe it has black dye in it and is hard. After I had washed my face with it last week, my face had a bad reaction as it is now swollen, very red and irritated, the pores are still now very large on my cheeks and nose areas, it stung whenever I touched it or put anything on it but not anymore, and even my skin had broken out as though I was allergic to shrimp or something. I now threw it in the trash.

I know I have sensitive skin and this happened to me before back in highschool with using the and w/a facial soap and with the Stridex acne wipes. But, this is worse. I was hoping the black soap would help lighten my blemishes and acne spots. Has anyone had a similar experience?

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Years ago my mother had bought me "Black Soap" she had got it at the bulk barn of all places, It has charcola in it- I wonder if that is the one you are talking about. But it does dry out your skin (acne) but I don't remember if it lightened my skin at all. I was just to happy to clear up my face to notice anything else!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I use real African black soap and never had a problem with it. I bought it online. It's brown with black specks. A very soft soap. Great for acne. I use it for my face, body and hair. Great stuff.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I've seen it in drug stores- always on the bottom shelf with the old-time remedies, not competing with the big brands in the middle at eye level on the shelves!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts