Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Has anyone had any luck with a DIY formulation containing quercetin that does not leave a yellow cast? I've used it in both serums and lotions in concentrations as low as 0.5% and wound up with a daisy-yellow face, body, etc. Same goes for towels. It even shows up on dark grey towels. Or, is there an ingredient I can swap out that will impart roughly the same benefits (sun-damage repair, anti-inflammatory), without the daisy-yellow face. Thank you so much.

·
Administrator
33,979 Posts
I know its a yellow powder, so I'm not surprised it would apply yellow, some ingredients do that. I've only had this happen to me when I used Idebenone. Its kind of like a drink leaving an aftertaste. Some do, some don't.

Inquire about the one you previously purchased. I am sure they would be of help to you. Or, you can try another supplier and see if that makes a difference.

https://www.bulkactives.com/quercetin-99.

·
Registered
5,549 Posts
I'm trying the Quercetin Solgar brand for the first time, I notice I was sweating a lot in the evening, I guess these supplements are detoxing me? @gymrat

·
Administrator
33,979 Posts
I'm trying the Quercetin Solgar brand for the first time, I notice I was sweating a lot in the evening, I guess these supplements are detoxing me? @gymrat
@DOODOOBROWN , it is known to cause headaches and upset stomach. How much are you taking? I sweat easily myself, just eating salsa makes me sweat 😊

·
Registered
5,549 Posts
@DOODOOBROWN , it is known to cause headaches and upset stomach. How much are you taking? I sweat easily myself, just eating salsa makes me sweat 😊
@gymrat
I recall having a slight headache wow
heres a pic its 500 mg quercetin and 500mg vit c and other stuff

Drink Alcoholic beverage Liquid Font Material property

·
Administrator
33,979 Posts
@gymrat
I recall having a slight headache wow
heres a pic its 500 mg quercetin and 500mg vit c and other stuff
@DOODOOBROWN were you taking 2 capsules daily? If so, what I would do is take 1 daily and see what happens, see if it still makes you sweat and cause a headache. By taking one capsule your cutting the amount in half, which isn't a bad thing. As for all the other ingredients those are completely normal when Vit C is thrown in there, no worries there.

How much Vit C do you take? You take more then what's in this?

·
Registered
5,549 Posts
@DOODOOBROWN were you taking 2 capsules daily? If so, what I would do is take 1 daily and see what happens, see if it still makes you sweat and cause a headache. By taking one capsule your cutting the amount in half, which isn't a bad thing. As for all the other ingredients those are completely normal when Vit C is thrown in there, no worries there.

How much Vit C do you take? You take more then what's in this?
Thanks Gymmie
Yep I do take all types of vit C, I'll cut it down and yes I was taking two, But now I take one or two a week since I take so many

Reactions: gymrat

·
Administrator
33,979 Posts
Thanks Gymmie
Yep I do take all types of vit C, I'll cut it down and yes I was taking two, But now I take one or two a week since I take so many
@DOODOOBROWN just pay attention to the Vit C you are taking too because it too could cause you to have the reactions your having. I have to be careful with Vit C myself, and can only take the buffer type. I take it AM and PM, and cannot handle any other type of Vit C. So its possible its not the Quercetin that is the issue, it could be the Vit C it contains. Its just one of those supplements you will have to play around with and see what works and how much/how often. Hope you are doing well BTW 😘

·
Registered
5,549 Posts
@DOODOOBROWN just pay attention to the Vit C you are taking too because it too could cause you to have the reactions your having. I have to be careful with Vit C myself, and can only take the buffer type. I take it AM and PM, and cannot handle any other type of Vit C. So its possible its not the Quercetin that is the issue, it could be the Vit C it contains. Its just one of those supplements you will have to play around with and see what works and how much/how often. Hope you are doing well BTW 😘
Thanks Gymmie Between the liposomal vit C and the regular vit c I take I definitely have to cut it down. I didnt realize so many of my supps already have C in it, Its alot.

Reactions: gymrat
1 - 9 of 9 Posts