Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am restocking on my HQ and Retin A, which we all know that adc has dirt cheap. The only issue is that they charge $25 for shipping. Anyone interested in splitting the shipping charges and combining orders?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
You know, $25 is nothing when you work it out. I used to pay $30 per tube of Retin-A from the doctor's plus the consultation fee! I ordered six tubes each of RA and HQ from ADC at around $2 each so really that $25 shipping fee works out to next to nothing! Even less if you order more than that.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Which brands do you buy on ADC? I'm kind of weary about ordering stuff that should be super expensive for almost nothing. How are you sure you're buying the best quality?

·
Registered
452 Posts
mkaay - I would think you would need to combine your order with someone who lives in your area - otherwise additional shipping costs would be incurred. I believe Ondine just combined an order - not sure if they were forum members or personal associates.

Girl in Black - how would you know the quality of a prescription generic drug you get at a drugstore chain versus the generic drug you get from (health insurance mandatory) a mail in prescription house? I think it would be difficult if not impossible and ingested drugs certainly pose a greater health risk than a topical ointment.

I use the HQ/RA and I have not had an issue. However, with any drug (prescription or OTC) or ointment you MUST exercise care in how you use it and use safety precautions- regardless of the quality.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Which brands do you buy on ADC? I'm kind of weary about ordering stuff that should be super expensive for almost nothing. How are you sure you're buying the best quality?
The Tretinoin (retin-a) is a very popular buy. I understand how you could feel that way. It's almost a joke how cheap it is. Even with the high shipping cost which can be offset by buying several tubes/products. Believe me if they were not high quality, they would have been exposed long before now. Many, many, many loyal customers.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I completely understand where everyone is coming from. I just wanted to see if there are any people in my area (southeast NA) who would want to do this. The shipping can be offset by buying in bulk, however, I am trying to save as much as I can
(broke college student)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh, I've done some research. I looked up every product that I wanted to buy and looked up the ingredient list, then compared that to the name brand. So far, no discrepancies.

Not to mention I'd use my visa, so if anything went wrong on ADC's part, I could dispute it.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
The Retin-A I get from ADC is called Retino-A and the HQ is Melalite. I think the results speak for themselves. I used RA years ago (for $30 a tube!) and it's exactly the same. Their products are authentic. They just don't rip us off like so many vendors out there.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
They are 100% authentic & it is top quality. The reason it is so inexpensive is that it is made in India. Were it being made in France, the price would increase exponentially for the identical compound. Also, the exchange from Indian Rupees to US/CAN or EUR is unbelievable. This renders ADC extremely competitive & they can make huge profits despite the low prices they charge. People like US here are promoting them on an international scale daily too.

·
Registered
27 Posts
thanks, everyone. So, after I buy, do I apply? Please forgive si/ple questioning, but can I just mix the HQ & RA in a body lotion?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think I will save up before this buy. Until then, I will continue with the creams I received from my derm.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Do not mix the creams into a body lotion. All that'll accomplish is to greatly diminish or even negate their effects! Both of these creams can be used 'neat' from the tube. If you've never used tretinoin B4, get the weakest strength at first. You can always work your way up as tolerance builds. Some exfoliating (shedding dead skin), pinkness & sensitivity can be normal at first, serious chapping, cracking or blistering is not. RA must be used sparingly & carefully. A great way to begin is as follows:

Morning Day 1: gently cleanse & dry skin. Apply HQ4%, wait a couple of mins, apply sunblock

Evening Day1: repeat, w/o sunblock

Morning Day 2: gently cleanse, dry & apply sunblock only

Evening Day 2: cleanse, dry. WAIT 20 mins, apply RA 0.025%

Alternate days as above for a couple of weeks. This method doesn't blast the skin with new & unfamiliar compounds aggressively. It allows time for the skin to adapt to both RA & HQ all while giving you the benefits of both.

As you gauge your skin's reaction to the compounds, you can 'tweak' this method to suit yourself better.

Some ideas: after a couple of weeks, add another application of HQ on the morning of Day2 & increase the RA to 0.05%.

If this is well tolerated, in week 4 or so, increase to RA 0.01% (although many people stick with 0.5% & get great results)

Try using Likas Papaya soap as your cleanser.

If your skin tolerates both HQ & RA well, you might try, on Day 1, applying HQ, waiting a few mins, then applying RA on top of it. You can also blend equal amts of HQ + RA & applying them together.

* For occasional dry spots, you can add a dab of natural oil (eucerin lotion works well too). For occasional sensitivity, keep a generic tube of OTC hydrocortisone ointment on-hand & apply a little to the sensitized area.

I hope this is useful to you in getting you started.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts