Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I have tried the DYI samples. But, several months back I had asked them will alpha arbutin lighten my skin a few shades and they said "no" and that it will only "brighten" my skin. So, I never ordered the full sizes.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have tried the DYI samples. But, several months back I had asked them will alpha arbutin lighten my skin a few shades and they said "no" and that it will only "brighten" my skin. So, I never ordered the full sizes.
oh ok.. yah! brighten and lighten are quite different...

·
Registered
265 Posts
ya but if you brighten on top of lighten, i have discovered, you get more beautiful results. I think your skin looks healthier and glowey on top of lighter so I love love love brightening products on top of my hq/ra. This makes me want to try arbutin more

·
Registered
379 Posts
I used alpha arbutin, it does lighten skin not just brighten. It is just not as dramatic as I would like, or as fast as I would like. The main reason I switched to mequinol is because I will get too tanned too fast, this is ideal for people who want to lighten just a few days. I never used retin-a with it, on other forums I heard that makes it work much better. You all can buy it from me, 4 ounces 50 dollars.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I used alpha arbutin, it does lighten skin not just brighten. It is just not as dramatic as I would like, or as fast as I would like. The main reason I switched to mequinol is because I will get too tanned too fast, this is ideal for people who want to lighten just a few days. I never used retin-a with it, on other forums I heard that makes it work much better. You all can buy it from me, 4 ounces 50 dollars.
Does mequinol lighten you in a few days ?

·
Registered
836 Posts
Does mequinol lighten you in a few days ?
Nothing lightens in a few days. If something does lighten that quickly, then it's just illusionary. Some chemicals initially irritate the skin making it appear redder and thus lighter. Results measurement should be gauged in terms of weeks and months, not in days.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Hey has anyone tried an alpha arbutin lotion mixed with Hq and retin A? What percentage a.arbutin do you think will be most effective? 5% or how much more exactly?

·
Registered
836 Posts
Hey has anyone tried an alpha arbutin lotion mixed with Hq and retin A? What percentage a.arbutin do you think will be most effective? 5% or how much more exactly?
I've heard of people using up to 30% Arbutin. The good thing about Arbutin is that it's mostly safe compared to other agents. You can even ingest it (but it's for bladder health or something, not lightening).

·
Registered
528 Posts
Can you mix in those bearberry extracts (contains arbitin) that u get in vitamin stores to your lotion? will it be effective?

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Ok, I like to have my serum handy all the time, but whenever I mix with a lotion it turns brown and oxidize in a matter of days.

My Hq weekly serum mixes so far below:

10%hq + GA lotion = lightens maybe half a shade
10%hq + beta arbutin + GA lotion = mild lightening about a shade
10%hq + beta arbutin + Kojic acid dipalmitate + GA lotion = better lightening.

I'll be be using Alpha Arbutin soon and repeat the three mixes.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts