Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ingredients
Water, Glycerin, Alcohol, Dihydroxyacetone, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Butylene Glycol PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Erythrulose, Fragrance, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium CI 15985/Yellow 6, CI 19140/Yellow 5, CI 17200/Red 33, CI 42090/Blue 1.

It's the Clarins self-tanning tint.... basically tinted water that you can mix in with your moisturizer to get a bit of colour.

I am acne prone so I want to make sure these ingredients are pore-clogging or irritating.

Thanks!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet.

Because it seems that (and I've been told) all moisturizers that are gradually bronzing (as in DHA, NOT just some foundation mixed into moisturizer) will break you out.

But if I mix this bronzing water stuff into moisturizer, technically there should be no issue, right?

I don't know why more people don't do that. The only difficulty, if it is indeed not irritating/comedogenic, will be to know how much to put into my moisturizer when I apply it so that it doesn't look fake.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And I just want to get other opinions too-- I have just spent lots of time on Accutane and would be VERY upset if my skin broke out now as a result of this.

I just want to know if this product is:
-non comedogenic
-non-irritating (from perfumes, fruit extracts, whatever else causes that)
-etc.

Thanks so much everyone
I look forward to having a healthy glow again... post acne and acne-treatment.

·
Administrator
33,845 Posts
I have been off of Accutane since January, and NOTHING has caused me to have a break out. I will get a tiny zit here or there, but hardly ever. I use all different types of products. I am still very careful what I apply to my face, but don't worry as much as I used too.

The only thing I would recommend is if you are going to use the Clarins, I don't think I would put it on my face. I use their self tanners everywhere but on my face.

·
Administrator
33,845 Posts
I am just not one who puts that stuff on my face. Just as I am very careful about what kind of sunscreen I use on myface.

It might be fine for you. You won't know until you try.

·
Administrator
33,845 Posts
But why would your face break out if the products listed are not comedogenic?
Oh trust me, just because it says comedogenic doesn't mean it WON'T break you out!!!! You are always better to lean towards comedogenic products but that isn't a guarantee that it won't cause a break out.

I have used my share of products and wether they are comedogenic or not, it doesn't stop those with acne prone skin from breaking out.

How long have you been off of Accutane?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Finishing it in two months.

What I might just stick to is using the "La Roche Posay" Hydreane Teinte stuff I am using.... it's a tinted moisturizer. It evens out my colour and makes me look a bit nicer in terms of complexion etc.

I just always fear that one day I will apply it poorly and have a streak and someone will notice.

Which is a shame because it's an AMAIZNG product and doesn't break me out and keeps my face moisturized all day.

·
Administrator
33,845 Posts
Finishing it in two months.

What I might just stick to is using the "La Roche Posay" Hydreane Teinte stuff I am using.... it's a tinted moisturizer. It evens out my colour and makes me look a bit nicer in terms of complexion etc.

I just always fear that one day I will apply it poorly and have a streak and someone will notice.

Which is a shame because it's an AMAIZNG product and doesn't break me out and keeps my face moisturized all day.
I definately wouldn't switch from using the La Roche Posay. Much better product, in my opinion.

How is the Accutane going for you? Has it been successful so far?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1.5 months left to go, in a 6 month course.

100% clear, no new breakouts for as long as I can remember.

My only complaint is that two weeks ago it started to make me sick and limit what I eat-- glucose and lactose are causing me big problems now. But I am eating accordingly and it's working out.

I am also working out again and so far it's actually helping reduce achiness (of which I have had little) although I am more sleepy by 10pm as a result.

·
Administrator
33,845 Posts
1.5 months left to go, in a 6 month course.

100% clear, no new breakouts for as long as I can remember.

My only complaint is that two weeks ago it started to make me sick and limit what I eat-- glucose and lactose are causing me big problems now. But I am eating accordingly and it's working out.

I am also working out again and so far it's actually helping reduce achiness (of which I have had little) although I am more sleepy by 10pm as a result.
I did 6 months myself. I had more trouble eating in the beginning than at the end of my course.

Oh YA the achiness, kicked my butt, I must say!! My knees mainly. I really had to cut back at the gym. I just didn't have the stamina that I was used to having.

Then the sleeping........ that sure wasn't a problem!! I slept more while taking Accutane than I have my entire life!! It wore me out.

But I would do it all over again, to have the final results I got from taking it. Worth every ache and pain, and every hour of sleep, in my opinion-

Both La Roche Posay products look good to me. But you know there isn't a SPF in either of those. I hope you are using a SPF!! You will burn the heck out of that new skin of yours!! You gotta wear sunscreen.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
For sure
Sun protection = a must.

I bought the La Roche Posay product last night and am testing it by applying it before bed. I am suspicious of anything that is bronzing, but I looked up every single ingredient on a Comedogenic/Irritability index on an acne website and nothing in it seems to be bad. Which is impressive.

So I am going to see if it gives me some natural colour on my face without causing problems. If I notice any breaking out or anything of the sort, I'm just gonna keep to a tinted moisturizer.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Clarins is not cool for the face and the bronzing product mentioned at the beginning of this thread contains a fragrance, which is reactive in sun. That being said, I have always broken out from a bronzing cream or lotion, no matter what it contained or didn't contain.

If you want a bronzing effect, apply a non-comedogenic sunblock, wait about 15 minutes and get some of the Bare Essentuals mineral powder in a deeper shade (use the new Matte line which is free of bismuth oxichloride). Dust it on lightly with a kabuki brush and voila! A sun-kissed look without pimples.

If that's too much work, buy it anyway in a deep shade and mix some of the mineral powder with your sunbkock. Still sun-kissed and drama-free!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ingredients
Water, Glycerin, Alcohol, Dihydroxyacetone, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Butylene Glycol PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Erythrulose, Fragrance, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium CI 15985/Yellow 6, CI 19140/Yellow 5, CI 17200/Red 33, CI 42090/Blue 1.

It's the Clarins self-tanning tint.... basically tinted water that you can mix in with your moisturizer to get a bit of colour.

I am acne prone so I want to make sure these ingredients are pore-clogging or irritating.

Thanks!
Well, if that alcohol is alcohol denat, your skin is pretty much screwed. Also, the Fragrence and the colourants will potentially irritate your skin and is as always completely unessecary.
Nothing comodgenic though. But as i said, if that is alcohol denat - look for another product.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts