Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Yes very good internally and topically. Easier and cheaper to supplement with.
They are getting much press lately.

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
absolutely Dukes. They are great for your skin!! I love pomegranates but they can be messy to eat and stain like crazy. Hasn't stopped me from eating them though.

they are starting to use pomegranante extract more and more in skincare products too.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Yes, they are good for skin, at least made my skin glow in a nice way. But I had to eat like 2-3 of them every day and it gets boring eating just pomegranates and they mess up everything no matter how careful I am. I tried pure pomegranate juice, but I tasted awful and did nothing for my skin (I took 1 liter bottle out every day), the supplement form didn't do anything either.

Never tried topical form.

·
Registered
7,912 Posts
pomegranates have a high percentage of ellagic acid which prevent the mutagenic action of some environmental pollutants and free radicals. It also helps prevent the formation of sun spots by UV. Ellagic Acid has properties including antiviral and antibacterial. It also regulates melanin and helps your melanocytes from creating excess pigmentation thus evening out your skin tone and making you glow.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Thanks for the explanation! I thought that was just my imagination that my skin seemed brighter and glowing, but it appears there is some science behind it! Cool!

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can buy them in packets from supermarkets. They're not as messy to eat and they taste just as good too

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Don't think I've ever seen pomegranates in packet form. Maybe I didn't pay attention... Thanks, I will look into it!

·
Registered
7,912 Posts
Thanks for the explanation! I thought that was just my imagination that my skin seemed brighter and glowing, but it appears there is some science behind it! Cool!
Rayoflight, pomegranate-ellagic acid is in one of my favorite cleanser, its called Desert Essence Pomegranate Cleansing Gel (http://www.vitacost.com/Desert-Essen...-Cleansing-Gel) has glycolic, malic and salicylic acids (in the right low concentrations) so this is perfect for maintaining that daily glow to your skin because it has a high concentration of ellagic acid, cucumber extract, chamomile, lavendar, and green tea. I was looking for a cleanser like this but it seemed like the only ones that had both AHA/BHA were from designer brands which doesnt justify their cost. Give it a try, it'll help keep you glowing.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
I have to finish all the cleansers I've got already, before they go bad. But they all have that built in "glow bonus", except the one from Skinceuticals, but that one is pretty lame anyway.

·
Registered
515 Posts
absolutely Dukes. They are great for your skin!! I love pomegranates but they can be messy to eat and stain like crazy. Hasn't stopped me from eating them though.

they are starting to use pomegranante extract more and more in skincare products too.
They are not messy if you cut them in half hold them over a bowl and whack with a wooden spoon, the seeds just fall out. I love them

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey I tried that method today. It works!!! Gone are the days we eat 'em with pins!

·
Registered
208 Posts
I gently score and peel the outer skin and gently separate the fruit into quarters. I pull back the inner sectioning (the bitter beige thing) and separate a group of seeds at a time.

I get whole seeds only, which I pop into my mouth a bunch at a time. No mess, no broken pulp, no staining.

I have been crafting this technique since the 3rd grade when the lunch lady tried to help by slicing the pomegranite that I brought to school, and practically pulverized it.

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
I gently score and peel the outer skin and gently separate the fruit into quarters. I pull back the inner sectioning (the bitter beige thing) and separate a group of seeds at a time.

I get whole seeds only, which I pop into my mouth a bunch at a time. No mess, no broken pulp, no staining.

I have been crafting this technique since the 3rd grade when the lunch lady tried to help by slicing the pomegranite that I brought to school, and practically pulverized it.
This is too funny, reminds me of my experience's with a pomegranite. My lunch lady (bless her heart) cut mine in half and stained my school uniform. Of course it was white!!

We have a pomegranite tree, it's the best thing, eating them without making a mess is always the difficult part for me. It reminds me of eating sunflower seeds, you have to work so hard for just a tiny seed-

·
Registered
515 Posts
This is too funny, reminds me of my experience's with a pomegranite. My lunch lady (bless her heart) cut mine in half and stained my school uniform. Of course it was white!!

We have a pomegranite tree, it's the best thing, eating them without making a mess is always the difficult part for me. It reminds me of eating sunflower seeds, you have to work so hard for just a tiny seed-
Pomegranite trees always remind me of xmas tree the fruit looks beautiful, almost like red decorations on the tree.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts