1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
ME! for years now. I get off of it occasionally but I always go back and lose the 3-4 pounds I gain in just a week to 10 days. It is an awesome diet.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats wonderful Goat Lady... i really really didn't know how amazing it really was... i used to down Atkins... but now i can say that i love it...

How many years have you been on it?

What is your fave recipe?

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
how long.............about 7 now. I tried low calorie, low fat etc and found myself STARVING and not losing a pound. Got on the induction phase of Atkins and lost 5 pounds in ONE week. I was hooked.

Fave recipe got to think about that for a while. Still early for me and I haven't had my second cup of java

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i found a recipe for a chocolate 'cake' that i adore... when i get home i'll post it... but other than that i think my fave recipe is for some faux mashed potatoes... i take califlower and radishes boil them, mash them and add butter and sour cream! yummy...

i have tried a lot of eat healthy options and this one works the best so far... 7 years is inspiring! i can't wait to state the same thing! yay!

thanks desertrose... what cookbook do you have? i'm always on the look out for atkin cookbooks

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
i have Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution & Cookbook. more than 200 delicious
recipes. even when i don't 'follow' the diet, i still use the recipes.

* i like the chocolate sponge layer cake *

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks Desertrose!! i'm totally going to look up that book now on amazon so i can purchase it... i love having good recipes and oh man the chocolate sponge layer cake sounds devine!!

my man totally makes a tres leche cake (3 milks cake) its amazing and only 3 net carbs per slice... he has some wonderful talent in the *******!

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
thanks Desertrose!! i'm totally going to look up that book now on amazon so i can purchase it... i love having good recipes and oh man the chocolate sponge layer cake sounds devine!!

my man totally makes a tres leche cake (3 milks cake) its amazing and only 3 net carbs per slice... he has some wonderful talent in the *******!
you very lucky to have a man that talented in the ******* !
mine makes scrumptious breakfasts and a good cup of tea.
i love cooking/baking and entertain a lot. there is a saying,
"a man's love goes through his stomach ?"

·
Registered
6,879 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DesertRose i totally lucked out... he is a chef and is in college trying to learn to be a mechanic... he is amazing!

Goatlady you have this for breakfast its so tempting i'm totally going to give it a whirl... i agree that this is the diet to lose and to keep it off... my muffin top is gone!! and now i have the best looking curves! yay!!

thanks ladies it's always a pleasure to talk to you both but to also know there are atkineers our there!

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Maybe would could do a Atkins recipe for the day. That way we can share our favorites and try something new.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oh sweet tee sometimes it works better with support... i have to call my gf every other day to make sure she continues her 'diet' and i have the great support of my husband... yay!

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I've been on it for 4 years and it works great until I cheat. I've had such bad cravings for the last 3 weeks which I haven't been able to control

I love this Almond Flour Pound Cake for when I have to have something sweet and fruit just wont cut it!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter (1 stick) softened at room temperature
1/2 cup full fat cream cheese
1 cup Splenda
5 large eggs, at room temperature
2 cups almond flour
1/2 cup Cake-Ability Baking Aid
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon lemon extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Cream butter, cream cheese and Splenda together, mixing well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.

In a separate bowl, mix almond flour with Cake-Ability Baking Aid and baking powder, breaking up any lumps. Add egg/butter mixture to flour a little at a time while beating. Add lemon and vanilla extracts.

Pour into greased 9" Springform pan, bundt pan, ring pan, (or 9" round cake pan) and bake at 350°F for 50-55 minutes.

You can change flavors for this cake by using different extract flavors and even food color if you like!

Makes 12 servings. 6.1 net grams of carbohydrate per serving.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Another Atkineer here, rung 4. My favorite treat ~ low carb cheesecake, yummmm

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
cheese cake??? that tastes like cheese cake... can you share the recipe PLEAAASE!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts