Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had my first shower with the Asantee Goat's Milk + Tamarind soap, and not even kidding but I can feel the tingling burning sensation on my legs now and a bit on my stomach now. My face is fine but that was because I was so scared that it'll melt it off if I keep it on for too long lmao. Safe to say that this soap is definitely very strong and must be handled with care, esp for newbies. (I started with Likas, Kojie San, and then the Asantee papaya for a few months to prepare.)

I've read very old posts and threads about soaps and esp Asantee soaps because the general consensus here is that they are quite strong and very good for permatan removal. Despite how still scared I am with my new soap, I'm going to keep going with it.

I could have sworn, though, that a poster said he knows of a soap that's even stronger than the Asantee goats milk tamarind, which has to be an insane soap if it exists. The poster's username was nuckingfutz, but I'm sure they've moved on from this place a long time ago, so there's no way for me to reach them now, unless I'm wrong and they lurk here still from time to time. :unsure:

So, are there any soaps that are stronger than Asantee? Just curious!

· Registered
506 Posts
Wow, I've never even heard of this soap but your description alone seems like this would be strong enough for now!
You seem very cautious with this one, you think your ready for something stronger?

I see they seem to have a Papaya version of this, that's the one I'd be tip toeing around lol.
I used a Papaya/Orange soap and it burned so bad! This type of soap I'd only use on my body, too
scared to use on my face any longer.

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, I've never even heard of this soap but your description alone seems like this would be strong enough for now!
You seem very cautious with this one, you think your ready for something stronger?

I see they seem to have a Papaya version of this, that's the one I'd be tip toeing around lol.
I used a Papaya/Orange soap and it burned so bad! This type of soap I'd only use on my body, too
scared to use on my face any longer.
The Papaya one I used from Asantee was mixed with honey, so it felt quite gentle. But then again, I really prepped my skin through some bars of Likas before jumping in with that one lol!

Yeah I'm still feeling tingles and itches all over me now, it's so strong. It's like wiping your body with a bar of pure acid. o_O I don't think I can handle anything stronger than the goat tamarind soap, so I'm shocked that there were rumors of an even stronger soap. No thank you!

Do you like any other brands of papaya soaps? Out of all the different flavors of soaps, papaya seems to be an old classic that just works.

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah asantee is amazing I vouch on it
I haven't been able to find anything stronger but I cycle my soaps because I feel after 3 months it stops working as good
so I do african soap mix soap for 3 months, than switch to glutathione kojic dual soap than I switch to asantee than I go back to the african soap mi
Thank you for your response, brownies! Do you have any favorites from Asantee aside from the goat tamarind?
Can't go wrong with african black soap, very clarifying, deeply cleansing, and I swear it lightened me when I lived abroad before.

· Registered
5,499 Posts
@pale-star Good to see that you read the old threads , regular tamarind soaps can be super strong depending on the brand. Potato soap or Rice Thai soaps work well too

• Love
Reactions: pale-star

· Registered
87 Posts
Thank you for your response, brownies! Do you have any favorites from Asantee aside from the goat tamarind?
Can't go wrong with african black soap, very clarifying, deeply cleansing, and I swear it lightened me when I lived abroad before.
tbh I only tried the goat tamarind one from asantee
I usually never try something new unless a member I trust vouches on it , I wasted so much money trying new products that didn't work, that now I rather be safe than sorry
but yeah african soap specially when mix with the right stuff is beyond amazing

I like this thread thank you for starting maybe we will both find some good new gems in here
I think soaps really are a key ingredient in lightening properly and naturally

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Glutathione Kojic dual soap was too strong to leave on for 5minutes. It made my skin very sensitive. I switched back to kojie san. I am done burning parts of myself and then spending 2 months on recovery.
Which brand was the glutathione kojic dual soap? I do love Kojie San, but it does take it's sweet time in lightening. It exfoliated mad good tho, definitely gave me much softer and glowing skin after a week of using it. I feel it can be a good addition to my maintenance routine once I'm well rid of this permatan.

@pale-star Good to see that you read the old threads , regular tamarind soaps can be super strong depending on the brand. Potato soap or Rice Thai soaps work well too
Thank you, I've been spending many weeks looking high and low on this website before I start any threads. I did used rice milk soap from K Brothers and that ish burned me, it was so weird because I figured it'd be more of gentle lightening soap that can also moisturize. Naw, that thing tried to eat my skin. 😭

Do you have any fave brands regarding the potato and rice thai soaps? I coulda sworn I saw a potato soap that claims to get rid of tans, but I feel skeptical since I've never tried it. 😶

tbh I only tried the goat tamarind one from asantee
I usually never try something new unless a member I trust vouches on it , I wasted so much money trying new products that didn't work, that now I rather be safe than sorry
but yeah african soap specially when mix with the right stuff is beyond amazing

I like this thread thank you for starting maybe we will both find some good new gems in here
I think soaps really are a key ingredient in lightening properly and naturally
No probs! Yeah I love soaps, they can definitely lighten you if you know which one to get that can work well for your unique skin type, I figured that someone must've known if there's a secret soap that can be ultra strong but ehhhhh better just stick with the goat tamarind soap for now and let it do its job.

I actually was interested in this soap
seems strong it's called
" Extra Strength Whitening Soap w/Glutathione,Goat's milk,Rosehip"
this is how it looks

did anyone tried this before?

again I'm not blindly buying products anymore, I need to be sure it works
I always see that in the flawlessskinandbeauty website but haven't tried this one yet. I've tried their other soaps that more or less looks the same but mixed with papaya and such, and they're more on the milder side to be honest with you. But maybe goat's milk mixed with kojic acid can make it stronger? Worth a shot!

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Forgot to mention also, it's my second day and I already have such a great feeling about my Asantee soap. 🥰 The way it just... it is literally making me look quite pale, but like in a good way! I really just adore the K-Pop star look with their milky complexions and it's been a dream for years to have that same pale look. I know Kojie San can give the same pale look but again, it's a milder soap and it takes a while to get there. But Asantee is already giving me a preview of what I'll look like without my permatan and it looks so so so good!

If you want that pale look.... Goat's Milk + Tamarind is the one for you!

· Registered
96 Posts
I find kojic acid (kojie san) to be much stronger and harsher than asantee, then again I have sensitive skin
There is also
nano white soap (high amount of kojic, Filipino soap)
bleaching 2000 soap (I have seen reviews that its really effective)
retinoic soap 2000 (same brand as above, a user here said she used it on her legs and it really lightened her skin)

I use goat milk and tamarind asantee soap and it doesn't do anything except gentle exfoliating (but I don't use it much anymore bcos if it accidentally gets on my coochie FIRREEE), it won't give you any skin tone per say. Goat milk itself is meant to be gentle, not harsh. If you want anything strong then goat milk isn't what to go for. Kojic is generally the harshest.

· Registered
96 Posts
Forgot to mention also, it's my second day and I already have such a great feeling about my Asantee soap. 🥰 The way it just... it is literally making me look quite pale, but like in a good way! I really just adore the K-Pop star look with their milky complexions and it's been a dream for years to have that same pale look. I know Kojie San can give the same pale look but again, it's a milder soap and it takes a while to get there. But Asantee is already giving me a preview of what I'll look like without my permatan and it looks so so so good!

If you want that pale look.... Goat's Milk + Tamarind is the one for you!
What is your complexion now? because it'll only make you 'milky' if you're already very light to begin with (like NC35 and less).

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I find kojic acid (kojie san) to be much stronger and harsher than asantee, then again I have sensitive skin
There is also
retinoic soap 2000 (same brand as above, a user here said she used it on her legs and it really lightened her skin)

I use goat milk and tamarind asantee soap and it doesn't do anything except gentle exfoliating (but I don't use it much anymore bcos if it accidentally gets on my coochie FIRREEE), it won't give you any skin tone per say. Goat milk itself is meant to be gentle, not harsh. If you want anything strong then goat milk isn't what to go for. Kojic is generally the harshest.
Hi honey, thank you so much for this! I do love kojic acid, let me tell you! Kojie San will always have a place inside my heart because it really is effective and has given me results before.

I'm going to check out all of those soaps, so thank you so much for the recs! I'm really sorry that the goat tamarind didn't do much for you, but can attest it's exfoliation powers so far. I still have another bar of Asantee papaya and honey soap to go through, just to really prepare myself for using lightening agents. For chemical peels, do you know any good ones? I'm thinking of getting these from MUAC:

Brown Liquid Plant Fluid Bottle
and
Bottle Liquid Plant Fluid Bottle cap

Regarding your last comment with goat's milk being gentle, I think generally the goat's milk soaps that are produced in America and Europe tend to be the gentle moisturizing ones because Westerners are more concerned about being soft rather than lightening themselves lol. Whereas in Asia, the goat's milk soaps they produce have things added to them to make them exfoliate and lighten you (nearly to the point of burning) because that's the look that the people want. I'm guessing the tamarind seems to "activate" something in the goat's milk that's making people burn up? :unsure:

I read through more of that user nuckingfutz posts and came across one that was very interesting, but apparently K Brothers has a pure goat's milk soap that feels stronger than goat's milk/tamarind. And if that's true then sheeeeeeeeesh then that soap must be lethal. Found some on ebay that are directly from Thailand, so I'm keeping my eye on it while I finish up on these Asantee soaps meanwhile.

What is your complexion now? because it'll only make you 'milky' if you're already very light to begin with (like NC35 and less).
My permatan is basically like NC40, I don't get any darker than that except maybe when I was a child and let the sun bake me all day long lol then maybe a touch darker, but really yeah the tan is just NC40. Now I'm between NC35-30. Years prior when I had lived in very cold climate, I've gotten as pale as an NC20 shade or probably even lighter, not sure but yeah people called me sickly looking at the time lol. I'm just prone to tanning very easily but could just as easily lose it, it's weird.

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Tried several Asantee soap but my favorite is this one
OMG I've been looking at that soap again and again while shopping around online for more soaps lol! What was it like using it? Did it felt very strong or more on the gentle side? People shouldn't sleep on rice milk imo, it supposedly has lightening properties and when I used a rice milk soap from K Brothers, it felt very strong, like wanting to eat my permatan away type of strong. :oops:

This is non skincare related, but I've been using rice water shampoo and conditioner soap bars on my hair and it definitely made it grow much faster and longer than without them. Something about that rice! 🥰

Happy V-Day to you all btw!

· Registered
151 Posts
OMG I've been looking at that soap again and again while shopping around online for more soaps lol! What was it like using it? Did it felt very strong or more on the gentle side? People shouldn't sleep on rice milk imo, it supposedly has lightening properties and when I used a rice milk soap from K Brothers, it felt very strong, like wanting to eat my permatan away type of strong. :oops:

This is non skincare related, but I've been using rice water shampoo and conditioner soap bars on my hair and it definitely made it grow much faster and longer than without them. Something about that rice! 🥰

Happy V-Day to you all btw!
I got very good result from this soap it’s not harsh and drying, I thought this soap is the best of Their range.
However Toujours jeune was a great soap I used years ago it was my staples but don’t know if the quality is the same today.

· Registered
506 Posts
There is also

Kojie San:oops: Yep! That's the soap that did me in, stings, stings, stings on my skin whoo it hurt! lol
My face felt very warm after I washed it off, think I left it on my skin too long. How is a soap suppose to
help if you wash it off so fast, so I let it dry then rinsed it off, bad idea I guess.

· Registered
87 Posts
Hi honey, thank you so much for this! I do love kojic acid, let me tell you! Kojie San will always have a place inside my heart because it really is effective and has given me results before.

I'm going to check out all of those soaps, so thank you so much for the recs! I'm really sorry that the goat tamarind didn't do much for you, but can attest it's exfoliation powers so far. I still have another bar of Asantee papaya and honey soap to go through, just to really prepare myself for using lightening agents. For chemical peels, do you know any good ones? I'm thinking of getting these from MUAC:

View attachment 68192 and View attachment 68193

I know you didn't ask me
but def get the muac peelings there are AMAZING
I think they boost my results a lot I would advice you to get the lactic acid peel start with 40%, the body peel you posted I also used it and it's also good
imo muac has the best peelings in the market

1 - 20 of 42 Posts