Skin Care Talk banner
61 - 80 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
What colour is your skin, Noir97? Please remember to report any results you get good or bad. It is so helpful to others when people share their experiences.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
No you are not missing anything. The prices are correct. I have ordered from them before - not for skin- but other products. They are very popular and nice. Their website can be psycho, but their prices are good and the delivery is fast considering this stuff is coming from india.
Thanks Goldenfirempress, I'll try again now.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hello All!

Ondine,

I just tried to at ADC's website as a new user/ buyer & I was not able to get past entering billing/ shipping information...?

Is that normal...I read where you purchased from this site b4.

Any suggestions?
Any other site that carries the products you listed for that AMAZING price?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi all,

I've started using retin a and hq alternatively after reading posts on this forum, now i've got my skin extremely dry and flakes of dryness are extremely visible when i wash face, have someone faced this situation if yes what is the solution, one more question on the first post of this thread some one mentioned that dryness is caused by retin a and can be resolved by some kind of oils my question is do we apply oil after putting retin a on or some other time ?

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
All of us here go through the dryness and the rapid flaking in the first month of use, then the skin gets over it and you'll be fine, dont apply the oil when retin-A is on your skin because u want retin a work at its best, apply the vitamin E or almon oil after showering or washing ur face in the morning, and I assume you are using the retin-A and hydroquinone 4% at night right? if so keep on with it, its not good to use them during the day when there is sunlight out as it reacts and is unstable.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
38 Posts
All of us here go through the dryness and the rapid flaking in the first month of use, then the skin gets over it and you'll be fine, dont apply the oil when retin-A is on your skin because u want retin a work at its best, apply the vitamin E or almon oil after showering or washing ur face in the morning, and I assume you are using the retin-A and hydroquinone 4% at night right? if so keep on with it, its not good to use them during the day when there is sunlight out as it reacts and is unstable.
Thanks for the prompt reply it was really helpful,

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
ur welcome, anytime. and also, u can easily rub off the flaky and peely skin you get from retin-a by taking a long, steamy, hot shower and afterwards rubbing it off with ur finges or gently use a exfoliating scrub.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
The same thing happened to me in the first month. I looked like I was shedding skin like a snake! I used a natural oil to help me though this period. The RA is making your skin shed off an accumulation of dead skin, hence all the flaking. After a hot shower, much of that skin will roll right off easily. If you gently rub with a moist facecloth, much of it will come off. Please remember yo apply a good sunblock a few minutes after applying your morning creams. This is vital since RA renders your skin more sensitive to the sun.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The same thing happened to me in the first month. I looked like I was shedding skin like a snake! I used a natural oil to help me though this period. The RA is making your skin shed off an accumulation of dead skin, hence all the flaking. After a hot shower, much of that skin will roll right off easily. If you gently rub with a moist facecloth, much of it will come off. Please remember yo apply a good sunblock a few minutes after applying your morning creams. This is vital since RA renders your skin more sensitive to the sun.
Thanks for your advice will do that.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
What do you all use to cleanse with? I know some of you use Likas papaya soap but is that all you use? At the moment I use a salicylic acid cleanser which I really like but I'm sure it will be much too harsh when I start my new regime. And the St Ives scrub sounds fantastic but I'm a little afraid to scrub at the flakes. I say this because years ago when I was using Retin-A only, I used a facial buffing pad and actually got little pitted scars from rubbing the flakes off, before they wanted to come off I guess. The warm wash cloth sounds like a good idea, Ondine. Any other tricks and tips? Also which is the best place to buy the Likas soap?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Hi BlackSkinGirl09,

I had the exact same problem as you with ADC. I tried filling in the form backwards (from the bottom) and it worked! Apparently the site is a little unstable but has plenty of happy customers on here. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
One other thing I keep forgetting to ask: I intend to use RA/HQ at night, and then just HQ and sunblock in the mornings? As long as I totally avoid the sun (which I do) will this be OK? I really want the results to be as fast as possible. Also as I've only ordered 0.05% until my skin is really used to it, will this be anywhere near as efficient as the 0.1%. I'm sort of regretting not ordering the higher strength.

·
Registered
38 Posts
One more question, i use to use scrub three times a weak can i keep using scrub with the retin a and hq 4% or decrease the use or what ? any suggestions ??

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
One other thing I keep forgetting to ask: I intend to use RA/HQ at night, and then just HQ and sunblock in the mornings? As long as I totally avoid the sun (which I do) will this be OK? I really want the results to be as fast as possible. Also as I've only ordered 0.05% until my skin is really used to it, will this be anywhere near as efficient as the 0.1%. I'm sort of regretting not ordering the higher strength.
i think that was a good move.. When i visited the dermatologist ...he prescribed 0.25 for my skin so .5 is still a nice stregnth... especially to start with. i ordered that this time with the cream version from ADC

·
Registered
105 Posts
What colour is your skin, Noir97? Please remember to report any results you get good or bad. It is so helpful to others when people share their experiences.
My skin is about this complexion

and I would like to be this complexion

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
My skin is about this complexion

and I would like to be this complexion
wow.. they are both gorgeous!!! The first lady has beauuutiful features too..I wish we could trade complexions around here.. im actually the 2nd ladies complexion but im shooting for more of an even complexion ..if i could lose most of my red and even my body id be there..slow and steady wins the race. Ondines mention of lil KIm keeps me focused..patchy is not cute!!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Thanks for the photos, Noir07. I agree that those are both gorgeous women. The darker woman really suits her skin tone & what a stunning smile! Noir07, you are a Fitzpatrick VI. You definitely CAN lighten to the colour you want but it may take more time since your skin is saturated with melanin. The melanin rich skin will have to exfoliate away over time to reveal the new skin affected by the HQ. Exfoliation will be very important for you since the HQ has to penetrate evenly & as completely as possible. You'll have to be extra gentle too: no harsh scraping or rubbing. Likas Papaya soap, RA, a natural oil for dry spots, HQ, sunblock, patience & persistance are what you'll need.

61 - 80 of 108 Posts