Skin Care Talk banner
81 - 100 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
6,896 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I'm feeling the confusion now.. i expressed to someone that im using HQ and they were telling me to use it in two week cycles...what in the world does that mean? there was a language barrier so i couldnt understand much more than that... With the rumors of it darkening some peoples skin ..im wondering what they did wrong...

·
Registered
265 Posts
Thats kinda how I do it, in cycles. Like I'll do 3 weeks of everyday RA and Hydro and then I'll stop for a few weeks b/c I want my skin to allow a change. Its like working out, you get better results if you take a break. I think this prevents redarkening too! because when I do it slow in cycles, my skin stays the color longer and longer. I havent redarkened as much as I used to since my last cycle, and I'm starting a new one this week. But in between I try to use natural hq free products to keep bright and boosted

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Thats kinda how I do it, in cycles. Like I'll do 3 weeks of everyday RA and Hydro and then I'll stop for a few weeks b/c I want my skin to allow a change. Its like working out, you get better results if you take a break. I think this prevents redarkening too! because when I do it slow in cycles, my skin stays the color longer and longer. I havent redarkened as much as I used to since my last cycle, and I'm starting a new one this week. But in between I try to use natural hq free products to keep bright and boosted
ahh thanks.. so you do three weeks of twice a day apps and then HQ free for 3. good idea.. have you continued lightening or just maintaining?

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Hey Noir97
You have a nice color, I am about the color of the second lady, but with black spots on my cheeks due to acne (From using Makari) and pulling hair.

My skin is about this complexion

and I would like to be this complexion

·
Registered
265 Posts
ahh thanks.. so you do three weeks of twice a day apps and then HQ free for 3. good idea.. have you continued lightening or just maintaining?
Actually for the three weeks I dont apply twice, only once a day. RA 30 min after shower, then hq 30 min after that. I dont have the time and I dont feel like I need to apply twice a day. If I apply twice a day I'll have that white bleachy look instead of that light bronze look.

When I am on the break I am maintaining and brightening and doing other stuff for my skin but on my on cycle there is DEFINATELY LIGHTENING, I try to pace it cuz my skin likes ra and hq, so I lighten really fast with the combo. On this cycle, I'm going to push it cuz actually some days I skip and I still lighten but this cycle I'll do it everday and post pictures.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Actually for the three weeks I dont apply twice, only once a day. RA 30 min after shower, then hq 30 min after that. I dont have the time and I dont feel like I need to apply twice a day. If I apply twice a day I'll have that white bleachy look instead of that light bronze look.

When I am on the break I am maintaining and brightening and doing other stuff for my skin but on my on cycle there is DEFINATELY LIGHTENING, I try to pace it cuz my skin likes ra and hq, so I lighten really fast with the combo. On this cycle, I'm going to push it cuz actually some days I skip and I still lighten but this cycle I'll do it everday and post pictures.
ladydanielle what products do you use in between your hq/ra cycles. Also, do you still use the ra when taking the break?

·
Registered
265 Posts
I use xtreme bright for brightening, avalon organics vitamin c, i'm going to make a arbutin and sepi white mixture for my next break. And I'm a product junkie so I just try out new skincare products in the mall too. Some work AMAZING, Others dont. One of the amazing that I mentioned is Kinerase but it wont lighten extremely but talk about smooth BRIGHT skin!

And no I dont use RA during the break

·
Registered
38 Posts
LightenNlift or Ondine,
regarding that retin a and hq 4% i started using it alternate day, but its not a weak yet and when i apply just retin my skin gets dry and hard so my question is can i put hq on to soften it or what are the consequences, will this method (putting retin a gel and hq on it afterwards say after 5 minutes) decrease the productivity of hq or retin or is it ok to do so.
or any other method for best results keeping in mind the dryness caused by the sole application of retin.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Hi Oc2pus,

I'm sure the others will give you the best advice when they're back online, but in the meantime, I've ordered my HQ/RA, and haven't received them yet, but I intend to mix equal quantities and apply, because from what I've read on here that is the most effective way to get results if your skin can tolerate it. They actually work synergistically together and enhance each other, rather than lessen each other's effects. It may be best to alternate like you are doing to start off with, though. I'm pretty sure you can use moisturiser after the retin-a if you feel you need one, or just use olive or sweet almond oil on the dryest patches. Or better still just get a good moisturising sunblock.

I hope that helps! Good luck

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Oc2pus, karenannev took the words right out of my mouth!

As for those discussing using the HQ in cycles & 'allowing your skin to change', that doesn't make sense in light of the way HQ works. It inhibits tyrosinase which is vital for melanin prosuction. In no reputable or legitimate scientific article on HQ use is this recommended. The dark melanin saturated skin you see on your body must exfoliate off over time. The effect of the HQ is both progressive & cumulative. As new skin cells develop monthly, they will have less & less melanin due to the HQ. Stopping for 3 weeks & starting again in cycles only has thew effect of more melanin being produced during the weeks you are off the HQ. Please review the many links throughout this forum posted by the many members here, to accurate scientific information as this suggestion will greatly limit progress.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Oc2pus, karenannev took the words right out of my mouth!

As for those discussing using the HQ in cycles & 'allowing your skin to change', that doesn't make sense in light of the way HQ works. It inhibits tyrosinase which is vital for melanin prosuction. In no reputable or legitimate scientific article on HQ use is this recommended. The dark melanin saturated skin you see on your body must exfoliate off over time. The effect of the HQ is both progressive & cumulative. As new skin cells develop monthly, they will have less & less melanin due to the HQ. Stopping for 3 weeks & starting again in cycles only has thew effect of more melanin being produced during the weeks you are off the HQ. Please review the many links throughout this forum posted by the many members here, to accurate scientific information as this suggestion will greatly limit progress.
Sorry Ondine, I hope you don't mind
. You guys weren't online, and I sort of thought, 'what would Ondine say'? I'm glad you posted that bit about not stopping for breaks, because it didn't make sense to me either. I didn't really want to have to stop. I CAN'T WAIT to receive my creams!

·
Registered
38 Posts
can you please explain quantities of both precisely that how much to apply each product each time, because retin gives me burning sensation for a minute or so and after that its alright and i'm applying like a peanut size quantity of it.

81 - 100 of 108 Posts