Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are your hands giving away your real age?

We work them until they?re callused, expose them to the elements without care, and otherwise ignore them until all the sudden we look down and think ?What happened to my hands?? Our hands are the window to us and considering how expressive and visible they are ? don?t you think it?s time to pay attention to them?

Block the sun: Many skin problems (dark spots, white spots, fine lines and sags) are actually sun-exposure problems. Use a hand cream that contains an SPF of at LEAST 15 to help ward off further damage!

Smooth away rough spots: To soften hands, exfoliate once a week using a mix of 1 packet of table sugar, a few drops of lemon juice or lemon oil, and enough olive oil to make a paste. Smooth this onto skin and rinse off.

Fight dryness: Keeping skin moisturized prevents cracking and fends off discoloration. Simple rule: apply moisturizer every time you wash your hands. Try Bliss Glamour Gloves for 20 minutes ? the special gel lining will moisturizer and heal skin with oils from grape seeds, jojoba, and olives and well as Vitamin E.

Clear the air: Did you know breathing exercise will help boost circulation and improve the appearance of your skin? Another circulation booster: dry skin brushing

Go for help: Tried everything but still have issues? Time to call your doctor. State of the art treatment for again hands usually begins with the removal of discolorations or brown spots with a laser that beams light onto pigment cells, destroying them. Renova is good for fighting wrinkles and increases cell turnover and boosts collagen production. Plump up those bony or veiny hands, plastic surgeons increasingly suggest a variety of injectables. Although they are permanent, they can last up to a year and minimize the appearance of veins and wrinkles!

·
Registered
139 Posts
My hands don't bother me nearly as much my feet. I recently found A&D Ointment very helpful. I'm not speaking of just the sole of my feet, 2 days of use actually improved their overall appearance. Now I don't feel the "need" to polish my toes to feel good about the way my feet look.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Really? A&D Ointment? Wow thanks for the tip. My feet are dry and the heels always peel.

As for my hands I feel they do look a little older than my face does. I used to take the best care all around but then I got lazy...uuuggghhh Now I'm paying the price.

I have started to exfoliate again but I don't care for my hands nearly as much as I should or used to.

Thanks for reminding me that my hands matter too.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Really? A&D Ointment? Wow thanks for the tip. My feet are dry and the heels always peel.

As for my hands I feel they do look a little older than my face does. I used to take the best care all around but then I got lazy...uuuggghhh Now I'm paying the price.

I have started to exfoliate again but I don't care for my hands nearly as much as I should or used to.

Thanks for reminding me that my hands matter too.
Yep, I should add that I exfolliated my feet (after showering); applied the A&D; and slept in (cotton) socks. The following morning I was pleased (more so than I was with the vasoline or olive oil treatment's I've tried in the past).

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm sure it a lot of that has to do with the Vitamins in it. A is really good for skin.

Here's the ingredients:
Petrolatum 53.4%; Lanolin 15.5%
Inactive Ingredients
Cod Liver Oil (Contains: Vitamin A; Vitamin D); Carrot Oil; Fragrance; Light Mineral Oil; Microcrystalline Wax; Paraffin

Granted it has petrolatum and Mineral Oils in it - but for the feet I could definitely see this as a softening possibilty.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The best feet file I have used is by space NK. Its a bit dear but well worth it for £30. I used to do pedi but still had callouses on my feet. I have just bought this and in 1 application all hard and dead skin vamoosed

·
Registered
192 Posts
ever sine i started exfoliating n use over night mixture of olive n castor oil my hands look much much younger now. now its my feet. i think they need some sort of peels. heels r fine its just the outside of feet.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
ever sine i started exfoliating n use over night mixture of olive n castor oil my hands look much much younger now. now its my feet. i think they need some sort of peels. heels r fine its just the outside of feet.
Do you apply castor oil on face too? I only use castor oil for hair but it is quite sticky!

·
Registered
192 Posts
yes Pumi i do use it on face even whole body when i'm more free but i mix it with olive oil. u can also mix it with sunflower oil.
i want to try it for hair. do u apply direct?

·
Administrator
33,772 Posts
I have never applied castor oil to my face, but love using it on my hands and on my lips-

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
yes Pumi i do use it on face even whole body when i'm more free but i mix it with olive oil. u can also mix it with sunflower oil.
i want to try it for hair. do u apply direct?
I use castor oil when I oil cleanse my face to remove make-up but never really used it as a facial moisturiser. Yes, I apply the castor oil neat to my hair. I once read that it is very good for hair growth but I don't do it often as it is very sticky and hard to wash out!
Sometimes, I apply to my eyelashes too.

What does the castor oil do for the skin apart from moisturising?

·
Registered
7,892 Posts
I have never applied castor oil to my face, but love using it on my hands and on my lips-
Castor Oil is really good for your facial skin, it is an anti-inflammatory that penetrates deep into the skin thanks to its molecular weight, which is low enough to penetrate into the stratum corneum. Uses include skin problems, burns, sunburns, skin disorders, skin cuts, and abrasions. Castor oil has also been used to draw out styes in the eye by pouring a small amount into the eye and allowing it to circulate around the inside of the eyelid. Note that most bottles of castor oil indicate the oil is to be kept away from the eyes. Castor oil has also been noted for its acne-healing abilities.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
192 Posts
I use castor oil when I oil cleanse my face to remove make-up but never really used it as a facial moisturiser. Yes, I apply the castor oil neat to my hair. I once read that it is very good for hair growth but I don't do it often as it is very sticky and hard to wash out!
Sometimes, I apply to my eyelashes too.

What does the castor oil do for the skin apart from moisturising?
Pumi if u appy it to lashes regularly u'll get thick, long lashes. no need for lumigan. lol. but if it goes inside the eyes it stinks.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Pumi if u appy it to lashes regularly u'll get thick, long lashes. no need for lumigan. lol. but if it goes inside the eyes it stinks.
The thing is I don't apply the castor oil on my eyelashes everyday. I keep forgetting and on top I am too lazy!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Our hands are often neglected and forgotten. Here's a couple suggestions to help -

Try a mild TCA peel treatment on your hands

Among the newest advantages are anti aging hand creams containing growth factors (derived from plants.) Antiaging beauty lotions with the proper ingredients help to promote new collagen formation as well as helping in removing age spots and improving skin texture.

Injectable cosmetic fillers for hands- The same anti aging skin care treatment derma fillers or wrinkle filler injections used on the face. Using cosmetic wrinkle fillers to fill space, increase tissue volume by putting some of the cushion under the skin that has been lost through the years.

Hope this is helpful...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts