Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve done LA peels (three times) and my arms are extremely stubborn so I recently made LA lotion and slathered it on my arms with my lightening cream then occluded and left overnight. I thought I would peel in sheets but I didn’t even flake.

When I use retin A I get occasional flaking but it’s very shallow and makes no difference and I usually have to scratch at the skin pretty hard to see any flaking . I do sea salt baths. When I peel (40%) I usually leave it in for 10 mins on my arms. I also use Kojie San soap btw but still to no avail . Christmas is soon and I want my arms to match my face . Any suggestions? @gymrat

·
Administrator
33,882 Posts
A peel is stronger then LA lotion. Leaving LA lotion on is what you are supposed to do. You aren't supposed to rinse it off. I would use both, LA peel and use LA lotion every night. Do the peel once a week, and apply the lotion daily. However, neither of these will make you "peel in sheets".

·
Registered
1 Posts
A peel is stronger then LA lotion. Leaving LA lotion on is what you are supposed to do. You aren't supposed to rinse it off. I would use both, LA peel and use LA lotion every night. Do the peel once a week, and apply the lotion daily. However, neither of these will make you "peel in sheets".
Hii gymrat!! All ur comments are helpful across the forum.. Can u please suggest a way to peel in sheets ? I suffer from severe dark knees and elbows.. thank u

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I've been using my 25% mandelic acid and I didn't notice much change in skin peeling until recently when I layered it. I put mandelic acid all over my legs, elbows and knees, let it dry, and added another layer in the same areas.

So I would try layering the peels if they don't irritate your skin.

I didn't peel in sheets, but I did get noticeable micro peeling in the shower a couple of days later. I didn't expect that to happen at all. When I finish my mandelic, I will be doing this with LA (and using a numbing cream because I hate the itchiness of those peels).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts