Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Well my name is Daniel, I'm 18 and I'm starting basic training for the Army in about a month. I currently use pro active and its working great except its leaving my skin dry.

My question for you today is this. Since I will not be able to take and facial product's with me, for obvisious reason's, what facial soap should I get that will both control my acne and not dry out my face. Also, will a sensative skin shaving cream help with these two problems as well.

Thank's a million

·
Registered
576 Posts
I like neutrogena acne stress cream wash. Several people give acclaim to tea tree oil foaming face wash too. There is one made by desert essence and apparently one made by the Body Shop too. Good luck, Daniel!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We've got 8 minutes every night to get washed and what not. I dont really have time for anything except for soap and water.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I was in the US Army, and I went through basic. My suggestion is to volunteer for any detail that will keep you up after everyone else. My battle buddy and I had chalkboard detail, we wrote the following day's activities on the chalkboard in front of the drill pad every night after everyone else had gone in to rush through their 8 minute shower.
We got to take our shower after everyone else at a nice leisurely pace, it was the best detail we could have gotten!!

The detail where you pass out the rifles is also a good one, you get to stand inside and pass out weapons while everyone else is outside in the elements waiting in line and being messed with by the Drill Sgts.

Good luck to you!! And don't worry so much about your skin care products, after standing outside in the elements for 8 hours a day doing stupid drill exercises, there is really no hope for a skin product, but do bring a good moisturizing sun block for your face if you can...

Also, keep in mind that everything about your body will change progressively as you go through basic, and no one is really looking at you while you are there anyway!! It isn't until AIT that anyone notices you exist, lol!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts