Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have recently finished using pigmanorm cream and was pleased with the results until i notice melasma returning within a few days of not using the cream.
Been touch with my consultant and he suggested that i give it a few wks then return for a follow up appointment and disscuss a chemical peel.
I was wondering if anyone as had one, what to expect, how much time you had off work and were the results worthwhile.
Thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes. I have had two 40% peels so far at intervals of two weeks apart. I have 2 more scheduled and then it will be one per month for maintainence. I previously had a 10% peel, then a 20% peel, and....no results, so I stopped. Most dept store peels are about 10%. I think that in order to see a significant difference (as I am now) in lightening, the peel has to be strong enough. BUT, be careful. You can burn yourself badly if you do a peel of this strength at home and without a review of your skin by someone who knows what they are doing. I have mine done at a Plastic Surgeon's office. I notice that a number of women on the forums here are doing some strong home peels. This might be fine if you already know what strength you can tolerate. I might move up next time I go to 50%. The woman who does mine said to me that, over time, some women move up to 70%. Wow.

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
Yes. I have had two 40% peels so far at intervals of two weeks apart. I have 2 more scheduled and then it will be one per month for maintainence. I previously had a 10% peel, then a 20% peel, and....no results, so I stopped. Most dept store peels are about 10%. I think that in order to see a significant difference (as I am now) in lightening, the peel has to be strong enough. BUT, be careful. You can burn yourself badly if you do a peel of this strength at home and without a review of your skin by someone who knows what they are doing. I have mine done at a Plastic Surgeon's office. I notice that a number of women on the forums here are doing some strong home peels. This might be fine if you already know what strength you can tolerate. I might move up next time I go to 50%. The woman who does mine said to me that, over time, some women move up to 70%. Wow.
You must be talking about glycolic peels???
Higher % is usually glycolic, lower % usually TCA.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I've been doing 35% glycolic facial peels at home and I think they're helping. I'm not sure if the peels alone are doing anything beyond 'feel' or if they are merely prepping my skin well for the Fair and Flawless Soho Parfait (a type of Sepiwhite gel)? I do like my results so far.

What I'm doing is a bit slow I guess but, for my face, I'll probably stick with it.

I don't want to log in in a panic with horror photos.
I also followed something similar (gly peels, kojic, AHA, short run of HQ, and sunblock) with an aesthetician in the 90s (before i fell back into tanning & neglect).

I think the peels at the spa were much stronger..esp what they used on my knees and elbows (TCA?) but for my face the 35% is fine at home. I'm guessing they were using 50% glycolic on my face after a while but on my own, i'd rather just use that on my arms or feet.

I'll experiment (w/the HQ + Retin-A method highly rec'd here in the skin lightening section...some Filipino products that I'm curious about.. higher percentage peels etc.) on my bod only for now.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Thanks fawnie!!

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
moss73, chemical peels dont really help you with your melasma problem since it is related to the melanocytes which needs to be disrupted, I suggest using Triluma which effectively stops melasma and reverses it back to your original color. Also, idk how many of you knwo this but Pycnogenol Pills which is an extract of pine bark helps get rid of melasma when taken orally, it also helps with inflammation and other skin issues NSI PycnogenolÂae (Pine Bark Extract) -- 100 mg - 60 Capsules - Vitacost

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
178 Posts
Thanks LightenNLift,
I'm new here trying to get rid of melasma .I have ordered couple of products from Skinactives. Fingers crossed .And about the pills u mentioned for how long do i take them?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi doctor,

I have a brown pimentation post laser therpay in my inner thigh. I consulted a dermatologist in a private clinic which recommended using pigmanorm creme widmer at bed time once every other day for two weeks then once daily for two weeks. I have copleted the first two weeks as directed but when I started the daily use in the fourth day the peeling areas of orignial pigmintation turned to pink and red patches. I have consulted her again as I was using Diprosone 0.05% twice a day in the first two weeks and the first three days of daily use treatment.

I have stoped using Diprosone after her consultation and went back to use pimanorm once every other day. To be honest, I have not used the pigmanorm again since the patches are pink and red. I am only using Diprobase moisture every 6 hours.

I was directed to use the pigmanorm every other day. Is it safe to use it in the red and pink area?

She asked me to us Eumovate cream as needed and with cautious ? which mean when the skin is red and minimize use is preferable.

please advice..is this normal expected skin changes?
Shall I continuie with moisture and stop using pigmanrom?
What about the eumovate cream?

I will wait for your feedback.

Thank you,
Totah

1 - 11 of 11 Posts