Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any good at-home exercises for the back, legs and chest? I can't afford a gym membership but I do have an elliptical at home, an ab roller and some hand weights. I also have a weighted jump rope because I heard somewhere that you burn more calories jump roping than running.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Burpees are something to consider. http://www.skincaretalk.com/diet-exe...html#post34147

Also consider getting some adjustable dumbells with the spin type collars on the ends or something similar. Then getting enough plates to give you a good workout.
Then you can do things like one-arm dumbells rows for back. Get yourself an exercise ball and you can do some dumbell bench presses, flys, etc.
One leg squats are a killer leg work-out. Hold onto something to assist you until you can do them without assistance. You can then hold a dumbell in one hand while you do this.
Here's some interesting handstand pushup variations.

Handstand Pushups

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very good advice, thanks! I had forgotten all about exercise balls but will go out this weekend and get one. I'll just have to learn all about what I can do with them.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
You can also try Tae bo as a previous poster suggested. I started one month ago, and have lost about 10 pounds so far. You can download numerous Tae bo videos for free on youtube. My favorite is Tae Bo Advanced, but Tae Bo Abs is also very good.

·
Registered
515 Posts
A good invesment is a exercise bike, its a great cardio and works well on the rear end, and the legs.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Haha Lydia!

Have you tried Pilates? It lengthens and strengthens without adding bulk, much the way that ballet does. You look like a tiny girl, Vananners, I think this would be perfect for you. You don't need a lot of equipment, just a DVD and maybe the resistance ring. Good luck and whip that body into shape before BF gets home!!

Or a hula hoop for cardio.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have done a lot of yoga in the past. I loved it. I think Pilates would be very good for me as I tend to not really like intense cardio. But I've been doing the intense cardio because it's a quick way to tone up. Wish I could afford to take a Pilates class. I'll have to blow the dust off my old yoga mat. lol

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Meh, I'm not a fan of all these videos, magic pills, balls, matts, and all that other stuff.

Give me some cold hard iron and a place to pump and we're good.

There's no easy way to get to somewhere worth going.

·
Registered
881 Posts
girl you got everything to do it :p just do it =) if your looking for some cardio and keeping fit(you look thin from your pic) dancing is GREAT!!!!! iv ben dancing for two months straight now and i fit a pair of jeans that i didnt 5 months ago. dancing is seriously one the best best things iv discovered for myself.. theres so much more for you, from it =)

jump roping is also beneficial but you have to do it for like 45 min-hour each session if you want some kind of real results. rly good though

dancing is the way to go tho =) fun, stress relieving, sexy, makes your muscles feel AMAZING, im addicted to rolling my body now haha..wonderful =)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lydia, what kind of dancing do you do? Do you do it in a class or at home? I am 'thin' I suppose and within a healthy weight but I have 'junk in the trunk'! Lol. Just looking to lose about 10 lbs.

·
Registered
881 Posts
i dance to electronic music, fast paced things like drum and bass or techno. if you just feel the beat, your hole body will move and move fastly, you have to remember its a work out tho and remember to use all parts of your body and really feel the muscles moving =D. this kind of dancing is a really good work out because
*keeps heart rate up
*flexibility & stretch
*you move your entire body using your strength, sort of the same effects youy get from a hydrolics work out machine
*awesome to relief muscle aches, menstrual cramps too
*sweat
*fun!!!! this kind of dancing can be sexy,cute too, "flowing" and rolling your body.. its strengthening your muscles and working them and at the same time burning calorie!
*stress reliving!
*learn new talent, feel good about yourself

dancing is like a meditation for me.. idk how other people feel but i feel strongly about dancing! iv never taken any class or done it as a group but its been so beneficial to me. kind of puts you into a trance :p....

i highly recommend dancing to electronic music because its really repetitive and has pleasant sounds. just get lost in it and move your body like crazy but somewhat rythmaticly so your getting a true work out:p Logistics is very beautiful and is awesome down *** music!, to me. :p it isnt gangsta or anything lol ..a lot of the dancing is like from 80s..its funny like poping, flowing and gogo dancing. you could look on youtube.. for the idea and then i think your brain will pick it up :p im sure you already know how to roll your hips and flow your body.. thats all it is but you have to incorporate everything!! even your fingers :p remember to drink water! the dancing will come naturally i think. roll and flow and keep up!!! make sure the music is fast enough^^

junk in the trunk.. girl id keep that! haha.if your looking to lose about ten pounds this would be great for you. i been dancing about 2 months. i firstly noticed weight lose on my butt and face. ..when i quit my job 5 months i had become a little "round" haha. over all i can fit into my jeans size 10..( i was nearly pushing a size 14 ffs!), my arms have lost the fat, thighs thinner, face thinner and overall i just look better and toned!. dancer has nice toned body.

i do it at home or at parties.. i do some raving and sometimes that lasts for 20 hours . i see your man is away! =( mine is away alot too.. i have the house to myself so i blast music all night..clean, dance and just do anything i want

if electronic music is something you hate then idk if this is for you
maybe some jazz music..

btw i recommend at least 3-4 times a week and for 45 min-hour. what i do is just put it on and let music play the whole night, i know i end up dancing for about 3 hours :p watch yourself in the mirror too so you can watch your body flexing and stretching and flowing, so also you can see what looks good :p i always got like 3 big mirrors around haha

HOPE YOU LOVE IT! =D

·
Registered
881 Posts
oh i forgot to mention that iv ben eating !normal!. that period after i quit my job and gained some pounds, i had been eating alot! alot of breads i had gaind so much from eating breads lol i love bread. recently, 2-3 months, iv been eating a better diet with alot of fruit and potatoes and nuts, NEVER ever eating out and always eating a little less then you had planed.
so the eating normal also helped lose some weight too

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My guy is away until December.
Can't wait until he's back, he's been gone since mid July! But I do have 2 other male roommates. Can you imagine them coming home and finding me blasting music and dancing around the house? Lol! It's worth a shot though for when they aren't home!

·
Registered
881 Posts
hi van! im gna update you on my technique results
sense august iv been dancing few times a week for 2+ hours, just free stlye dancing to fast pace music. iv also been dieting having small small meals only when im hungry, mucho grains, fruits and vitamin c and protein. i was almost a size 14 and now im a size 8.. its now dec? i lost so much chub woooow! most of it was at my love handles and my butt(lower half), tad at the stomach, it really just melted away before my eyes. finally loosing that silly fat between the breast and arm, my breasts looking alot more "healthy" too. im gna continue this cuz i want to be lean

·
Registered
44 Posts
skipping is number one, 5 minutes a day over afew weeks you will get far better and feel and look more toned/ athletic

1 - 16 of 16 Posts