Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have enough money to do microdermabrasion at the salon, so I was wondering if there's any point in trying to find an at-home alternative? From what I have seen so far on the net it seems the stuff they sell are just like normal scrubs pretty much...does anyone know of something that actually works good?

Right now I'm using sugar + olive oil as a daily scrub, but I would love to find a better alternative microdermabrasion

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I've tried the Neutrogena kit (approx $40) at Loblaws (in Canada) or order ot from the link on the canderm website. Google the name to get it. It did a great job on my face & neck & left me with very smooth even skin.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hi Rubarb,
I've been looking at various "At home kits" as well.

Has anyone tried the Youthful Essence one that Susan Lucci does the infomercial for?

Ondine: I would try the Neutrogena one except that I've never had great results with their face washes or creams. Do you use the microderm by itself or with their other products?

I've tried a few homemade scrubs (after getting over my fear of putting OIL on my face LOL) & they feel nice, but like you, would like a more thorough exfoliation.

Feedback from anyone would be appreciated
Thanks!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
When I used it, It was all I was using. Then, I tried their HQ4%/glyvcolic acid cream. It was working very well, but since the cream comes in a small tube, it was cost prohibitive after a while. Not everything works for everyone. I've never tried the Susan Lucci stuff. I am naturally skeptical of anything hawked by a celebrity. Most of them have their teams of dermatologists, plastic surgeons etc. keeping them looking good; it didn't come from a magic cream.

·
Registered
153 Posts
LOL Ondine - I'm a skeptic too

Thanks for your input, for the reasonable $ I'm going to pick up the Neutrogena "Healthy skin Rejuvinator" kit this weekend - Cheers!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Skin doctors sell a microdermabrasion kit that you can buy! If you do a google search for it you can check it out! I have never bought this myself but could always look for reviews on it!

However personally i would not recomend scrubbing your face every day, you dont want to over scurb your face as this can cause damage to the skin and you also want to let natural oils into the face by not putting too many products such as creams, carrier oils onto the face throughout the day!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I went to a Mary Kay party about a year ago and they have you to try their micro and it made my skin feel nice, but I actually only used it that once and it is actually the only "microdermabrasion" I have used. I have only used regular exfoliators at home. Wish I could help more.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Just a warning, any at home microdermabrasion or peeling kit should NEVER contain higher than 10% glycolic acid. Anything over 10% , I don't care how fancy the website is or how convincing the testimonials are. Anything higher demands medical supervision. You can blind yourself or disfigure yourself fooling with strong products just to save a few bucks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts