Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am new and ready to learn from others' experiences about skin care that has worked for you! I, unfortunately, have been around the block with different skincare regimens with several different derms in several different cities (because of moving). I am at the end and would love to hear from you! I currently wash with Aquanil HC, and use differen at night and some mornings, AND orally take minocycline 50 mg. as well as aldactone 25 mg. AND Yaz birth control pill!! I still break out at least every other day and sometimes daily!! I am over it!!! Any ideas???

·
Registered
25 Posts
From my personal experience trying so many products together could be throwing off your body's natural cycle possibly causing most of these breakouts. After using prescriptions and medications combined I found that my acne was if anything getting worse. It could have been my body adjusting to the regimen, but I was uncertain. I then cutout most if not all of the meds and prescriptions and switched to just gently washing my face with a anti-bacterial face wash atleast twice a day, more than twice if my face started feeling oily and dirty more often. After doing this for a couple weeks I noticed that the acne started drastically going away. The best advice is to try smaller approaches and take it a day at a time. Something will work for you and I wish you the best of luck!

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
Hello, I am new and ready to learn from others' experiences about skin care that has worked for you! I, unfortunately, have been around the block with different skincare regimens with several different derms in several different cities (because of moving). I am at the end and would love to hear from you! I currently wash with Aquanil HC, and use differen at night and some mornings, AND orally take minocycline 50 mg. as well as aldactone 25 mg. AND Yaz birth control pill!! I still break out at least every other day and sometimes daily!! I am over it!!! Any ideas???
Well I personally tried 4 out of the 5 you are using-
the Aquanil is ok........if you have dry skin. I wouldn't really recommend it for those with acne prone skin. I actually used it when I was on Accutane because I was VERY dry. Differin works well. Minocycline worked for me but only for a short while and I took 100mg twice a day. Never took Aldactone. And I did try the Yaz, and it did help a little.

What I would recommend is trying only one of the oral medications. I would probably give the Yaz a try and see how you do for a month on that and that alone. Still use the differin. Switch your cleanser to something more for acne prone skin. And use a oil free moisturizer.

If the Yaz doesn't work and help clear things up. Try calling your Dr and see if he would give you a Rx for the Minocycline, twice a day one in the AM one in the PM and maybe even raising the mgs. Explain that it just isn't working for you.

It looks like you are on the right track, you just need some fine tuning, thats all-

1 - 3 of 3 Posts