Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

In the Daily Mail yesterday [one of the UK's biggest selling national newspapers] I read this article which I'd like to share with you.

"Attempting to hold back the years has always been an expensive business. But now it seems it needn't cost the earth, after a cheap wrinkle-busting moisturiser was declared to be just as effective as products costing 60 times as much.

Consumer group WHICH found the Simple product costing £3.21 [$5 approx], held its own against expensive creams offering 'visibly younger skin'.

The Kind To Skin replenishing moisturiser sells for just 26p per 10mls.
By contrast, the least effective product in the WHICH test was RoC Retin-Ox Intensive Anti-Wrinkle Cream. This costs £13.30 per 10ml which is 51 times more expensive than the Simple product.

Many other big brands - including Clarins, Avon, Garnier, StrVectin-SD and Logona also failed to perform as well as Simple"

The report goes on to say that findings are a blow to the beauty industry, which has seen sales and profits linked to anti-aging products soar.
Women spend £32 million on eye care products in the UK last year, a rise of a third in two years.

It concluded by saying the best way to avoid wrinkles was a good sunscreen to keep the ageing effects of the sun's UVA rays at bay.

I've been aware of this for any, many years and have used the same type of moisturiser for over 30 years and am very satisfied with the condition of my skin. I refuse to be taken in by all the 'hype' surrounding the purchase of moisturisers etc.

I certainly am not spending a small fortune on products that don't work!

I wonder if any of you out there agree with the Daily Mail article,

Bset wishes,

redrose

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Thanks for sharing this article, Redrose. It's mad when we spend lots of money on high-end products that don't work as some low cost products do seem to perform a lot better.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Perhaps we could make this thread into cheap effective products that work just as well as their more expensive counterparts. I know I have been fooled into spending money when I did not need to. One time I spent $200 on a moisturiser. It would be great to have a resource of costsaving products.

I will start. This was advice from a dermatologist so I trust it. After cleansing forget toner. Use cold water. Apparently it does the same job and it's free.

·
Registered
116 Posts
HELLO Redrose, thanks for the article and seems i missed it in the Daily Mail.
the' Simple 'range does have a huge following in the UK .
did you also see the article about the ALDI face cream! it says it comes before any of the well known brands for performance.! when this was anounced it was sold out in every store for months,and its so cheap that i slosh it on my hands,and anywhere really ! lol.

PS/i must live quite near you maybe?,as from my home in England i look across the Bristol channel to south Wales.!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts