Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMG
This stuff is AMAZING!!!! I got my bottle in the mail yesterday and it's like heaven!!! I put in on my arms where I'm still flaking and on my forehead where I put the peel and even on my legs and face after I washed it after my anti-wrinkle serum. Heaven, I tell you, HEAVEN! Off to buy more! LOL
Thanks, ladies, for the recommendation!!

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Where did you get yours? I bought mine from Vitacost.com. YES it is DA BOMB. Mine is totally scentless.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where did you get yours? I bought mine from Vitacost.com. YES it is DA BOMB. Mine is totally scentless.
Got mine from a seller on ebay. GOOD feedback and a power seller who has been selling a while. Oh this stuff is amazing! Mine has no scent either. I could sit in a TUB of this stuff!

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The big birds, yes. They have to kill them, which is one problem I have with it. Also, it smells chicken-y to me. But some ppl swear by it!
Really? Chicken-y? Mine has no smell whatsoever. I have a slight problem with the birds being slaughtered just for the oil too.
I'm reconsidering buying more, though I JUST purchased another bottle on ebay. I may just have to switch to a plant oil.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Most ppl swear it doesn't smell, sandia, but I can smell it!! If it works for you, that's great....I just don't like killing animals for cosmetics!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
529 Posts
this sounds so cruel lol..
but if it works it works.. support the australian economy!

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
I had to look those up, didn't have a clue what they were. Those are some cute boots!

·
Registered
713 Posts
Really? Chicken-y? Mine has no smell whatsoever. I have a slight problem with the birds being slaughtered just for the oil too.
I'm reconsidering buying more, though I JUST purchased another bottle on ebay. I may just have to switch to a plant oil.

sandia1
...you can buy Emu Oil at a health food store or at an organic food market, it will save on shipping and you will have extra money for more skin goodies!

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

sandia1
...you can buy Emu Oil at a health food store or at an organic food market, it will save on shipping and you will have extra money for more skin goodies!
I paid 11 bucks plus 2 dollars shipping. Do you think it's cheaper at a health food store/organic food market?

·
Registered
679 Posts
emu oil is just one thing that the emu gives. they don't kill the birds for just oil. they sell emu meat and it is suppose to be healthier than most meats. you have to marinate it but it tastes really good if done right. emu oil is also used for more than just for dry skin. it is supposed to help in healing sore muscles and stuff. i don't know that if this is true but one of my daughters man friend used it for when his knees hurt. i think he still uses it. i think they use every portion even the feathers of the emu so don't be too downhearted that they are only used for their oil.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I will reiterate my other post, I know this may be good stuff, had used it once myself, but cannot use it for ethical reasons. It is too much for me to consider my beauty more important than any life--human or other. (sorry all and this is not to be judgemental, I do eat some meat and fish!).

1 - 20 of 30 Posts