Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a 27/male that is at the moment battling a skin ailment or two, one in particular that is really getting to me. My history is during the early years of middle school I had always suffered moderate acne on my chest and shoulders caused by all the sweating I was doing in sports. That sub sided normally by the time I was almost out of high school. Had no problems until around age 24 when I began to develop the same kind of acne breakouts on my chest and back again. As an adult at first, I was no aware that acne could still strike at that age so I finally broke down and went to the dermatologist. I was diagnosed with moderate acne and foliculitis. I was prescribed antibiotics (minocycline), benzoyl-peroxide soap and tretinoyne .1% cream. After the antibiotics and quitting the soap due to its bleaching effect and about a year of the tretinoyne cream, it pretty much cleared up so I stopped the cream. Did well for a while but the acne did come back. I have since kept it mostly down to a mild status by trying to avoid becoming filthy at work (mechanic at a Honda dealership) and trying not to become to worked up causing excess sweating. Anyway, my most recent affliction is a terrible itch coming from my chest wherever there is hair and same in my upper pubic hair region. When I say incredible itch I mean REALLY itchy. I wanna just take some sandpaper to it sometimes really. My chest pretty much always itches and my other area is most likely really bad when I get home from work and sometimes in the morning. If I break down and cant resist and really itch it good down below, I can see many small bumps that seem to be at the base of all the hairs. The bumps are not red and almost completely go away an hour or so after the itc-fest. Since the bumps were at the hairs, I am thinking Foliculitis again and am frustrated and looking for a way to keep this from flairing up like that. I try to keep that area dry with Johnson's baby powder when I can and use some 1% cortisone cream here and there. Had my Dad who is an MD call me in some antibiotic last night but havent picked it up yet. He told me what it was but i cannot remember, but i remember him saying somehthing about it treating Staff or something?? Also, in the past, had full blood run down to check for immunity and also ALL the major stds were checked. I have been married for 3 years and ALWAYS used protection prior to that...I am confident and so was my doctor when I saw them last that this is not std related. I racked my brain for the longest time thinking it was so they finally obliged me and ran the std battery...anyway, all negative. So here I am at work again ready to sweat my tail off once more frustrated as ever looking for answers. Thank you in advance and good day!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am a 27/male that is at the moment battling a skin ailment or two, one in particular that is really getting to me. My history is during the early years of middle school I had always suffered moderate acne on my chest and shoulders caused by all the sweating I was doing in sports. That sub sided normally by the time I was almost out of high school. Had no problems until around age 24 when I began to develop the same kind of acne breakouts on my chest and back again. As an adult at first, I was no aware that acne could still strike at that age so I finally broke down and went to the dermatologist. I was diagnosed with moderate acne and foliculitis. I was prescribed antibiotics (minocycline), benzoyl-peroxide soap and tretinoyne .1% cream. After the antibiotics and quitting the soap due to its bleaching effect and about a year of the tretinoyne cream, it pretty much cleared up so I stopped the cream. Did well for a while but the acne did come back. I have since kept it mostly down to a mild status by trying to avoid becoming filthy at work (mechanic at a Honda dealership) and trying not to become to worked up causing excess sweating. Anyway, my most recent affliction is a terrible itch coming from my chest wherever there is hair and same in my upper pubic hair region. When I say incredible itch I mean REALLY itchy. I wanna just take some sandpaper to it sometimes really. My chest pretty much always itches and my other area is most likely really bad when I get home from work and sometimes in the morning. If I break down and cant resist and really itch it good down below, I can see many small bumps that seem to be at the base of all the hairs. The bumps are not red and almost completely go away an hour or so after the itc-fest. Since the bumps were at the hairs, I am thinking Foliculitis again and am frustrated and looking for a way to keep this from flairing up like that. I try to keep that area dry with Johnson's baby powder when I can and use some 1% cortisone cream here and there. Had my Dad who is an MD call me in some antibiotic last night but havent picked it up yet. He told me what it was but i cannot remember, but i remember him saying somehthing about it treating Staff or something?? Also, in the past, had full blood run down to check for immunity and also ALL the major stds were checked. I have been married for 3 years and ALWAYS used protection prior to that...I am confident and so was my doctor when I saw them last that this is not std related. I racked my brain for the longest time thinking it was so they finally obliged me and ran the std battery...anyway, all negative. So here I am at work again ready to sweat my tail off once more frustrated as ever looking for answers. Thank you in advance and good day!!!
P.S. I have already come to know that I have terrible skin because I also get occasional dishydrosis on my palms and eczema in various areas throuhout the year. I use only Cetaphil soap and try to moisturize as much as possible.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Not being funny but in regards to the Eczema have you tried UT Therapy? I posted a thread about this in the Basic SkinCare forum.

Part of my inspiration for trying this was a young lady in another forum that raved about how it healed the eczema on her legs and posted before and after pictures. If you'd like a link to this information/forum PM me.

Thank you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts