Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for AVAGEÂae (tazarotene) Cream 0.1%, any suggestions where I can get it?

Thanks..

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
This is a prescription medication in the US and Canada (at least) - so you can either go to your local pharmacy or order from an on-line pharmacy (which is generally less expensive). If you live elsewhere - you could either ask your doctor or local pharmacist about the availability of this drug.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm trying to order from an online one as you mentioned. However, I don't really know which ones that aren't scams lol

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I ordered several tubes of Retin-A on the Medsmex website on March 2, they shipped it out on March 5, and it arrived on March 13.

The expiration dates are good. I ordered two strengths (0.05%, 0.1%) and they were manufactured in the last couple of months with a two year expiration date.

There is more discussion about this on Anti-aging forum in the thread (Medsmex for Retin-A). (sorry I cannot get the link to work).

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I wanted to order from Alldaychemist - but I live in Canada and they do not accept Canadian credit cards. So I used Medsmex - which accepts American Express. The prices are far better at Alldaychemist. If you read through the postings on this SCT site you will see that several members have ordered from them and were happy with their purchases (do a search).

This is what you said about Alldaychemist on the Retin-A thread - which is why I did not suggest them to you in the first place.

Quote: Originally Posted by

Yeah, but a lot of the sites that "has" retin-a are online scam pharmacies Still looking for a vendor that ships to Norway, since neither AllDayChemist or InHousePharmacy does it.

If you call them they might be able to help you sort this out.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I tried to search for both Avage and for Tazarotene, but didn't find anything..
There are no threads to my knowledge on either one of those. But if you do a search on Tazorac you will find a posting or two by Fawnie who purchased it from Alldaychemist. Make sure you ask for "posts" and not "threads."

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
See now that's weird. Because I get a screen showing Taz available in several strengths and forms! You do need a Dr's Rx to fax to them for the meds, tho. That's where I got my RAM last Jan. Maybe because I'm in the US of A they do it different????

????Does the interwebz knows I is a merken???

PS - why does this thread have a 5 Star rating????

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
See now that's weird. Because I get a screen showing Taz available in several strengths and forms! You do need a Dr's Rx to fax to them for the meds, tho. That's where I got my RAM last Jan. Maybe because I'm in the US of A they do it different????

This is what my screen says when I go to that site -

Not all drugs are available at CanadaDrugSuperstore.com.

Reasons vary:

We do not carry any narcotics or controlled substances.
At this time we do not carry any products that require a Prescription.

So I wonder what screen the Europeans get?

·
Administrator
33,771 Posts

Good question-I just noticed that 5 star rating myself. And I am rather confused as to what screen problems and site problems you girls are having here.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Since it is a Canadian company - there must be some rules about selling Rx drugs within Canada. We do have a weird system up here (sorry folks).

·
Administrator
33,771 Posts
I knew the UK had issues getting certain things, I didn't realize Canada did too. So what do you have in Canada that we can't get in the US?

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I knew the UK had issues getting certain things, I didn't realize Canada did too. So what do you have in Canada that we can't get in the US?
Nothing that comes to mind - more is actually available in the States, which is why I load up on things when I come home to visit. The guys at the border have quite a time letting me back in here.

·
Administrator
33,771 Posts
Nothing that comes to mind - more is actually available in the States, which is why I load up on things when I come home to visit. The guys at the border have quite a time letting me back in here.
Ok so you can't get it shipped to you from the states but you can come visit and take it back with you?? Who is the genius behind that amazing rule? I remember going to the Cayman Islands and trying to bring back rum and they took it from me. Ever since that, when we travel, I NEVER try to take stuff back to the states with me. Those guys in customs scare me
Once we drove to Canada from WA, and those guys at the border going into Canada humiliated the crap out of me. I must have that look about me, because it never fails, I always get harassed.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Ok so you can't get it shipped to you from the states but you can come visit and take it back with you?? Who is the genius behind that amazing rule?
I can order things and have them shipped up here, and I do so even though I get clobbered with shipping costs and customs charges. But some things I bring back with me that are not practical to ship. And for awhile when our currency was at par, I literally bought nothing up here because it cost me alot more money. The US dollar has recovered somewhat but not to what it was when I came up here 6 years ago.

·
Administrator
33,771 Posts
Where are you from originally? Ya I order from a site in Canada skinglow.ca and the guy there told me to buy now because the $ was in my favor.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts