Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked this tip up from another skin care site and I can't wait to try it. The users on this site use plain avocado oil as a moisturizer on their lips. It gives your lips a beautiful pink color and a slightly plumped look.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Me too!

Where do you girls buy all these oils, like Jojoba and rosehip?

·
Registered
419 Posts

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
iherb.com has it. Great company.
Thanks! Which oils besides avocado, rosehip and jojoba do you recommend? And what are they used for?

You will be sorry you were ever nice to me. I'll pick your brain till you wanna kill me!!!

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
I have used EMU, Sweet Almond Oil, Jojoba, Squalane, so far my favorite especially after a TCA peel and I am peeling is the EMU. Next would be the almond oil. Naw I don't wanna KEEL you so pick away.

·
Registered
419 Posts
My favorites are jojoba, sweet almond, sunflower seed, avocado, castor, lavender and coconut oil. Coconut oil is great as a conditioner!! My hair is curly and dry .. coconut oil works great. I lather it on the ends of my hair (dry) before shampooing. I leave it in for at least an hour for a once a week deep conditioning treatment. Then I shampoo....my hair feels silky and smooth. I use oils on my face, body and hair. Love them. I am adding a link that describes the different oils and what they do. The Oil Cleansing Method - A simple, cleansing facial massage for clear skin!

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Thanks, Toni! I appreciate that!

Goatlady, I'm ordering from your link on iherb and it's asking me if I have a referral email at checkout. Do you have some kind of code that I can put in so you get credit for referring me? I won't pay for it until I hear from you. Maybe you can get a referral discount on your next order? Or maybe that is something else. But I want to get you a discount if I can!! LOL!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
That's really sweet of you to give goatlady the iHerb points for referring you!!

Here's another great site for sorting out what oils are good for what:

Mountain Rose Herbs Carrier and Vegetable Oils

If you scroll down, there is a listing of oils and you can click on the names to pull up the properties, etc. They are very high quality cold-pressed (to conserve the active qualities that can be destroyed by heat processing), organic (no harmful chemicals like pesticides) oils.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's really sweet of you to give goatlady the iHerb points for referring you!!

Here's another great site for sorting out what oils are good for what:

Mountain Rose Herbs Carrier and Vegetable Oils

If you scroll down, there is a listing of oils and you can click on the names to pull up the properties, etc. They are very high quality cold-pressed (to conserve the active qualities that can be destroyed by heat processing), organic (no harmful chemicals like pesticides) oils.
I usually buy my oils local but I checked out fawnies mountain rode herbs and signed up to receive their 76 page catalog for free.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts