Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever tried this stuff. What's your opinion of it. My mother wants to try it but I thought I'd ask if anyone has tried it before she shells out almost 100$ canadian. ( she's got limited funding). We have to look out for our parents don't we?

·
Registered
550 Posts
WoW! That sounds expensive for Avon! I would look at the ingredients list and see what the active ingredients are. Also your mother could call an Avon Rep and ask for a sample?

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I know it sounds pretty expenssive, I asked Goatlady and she says she wasn't impressed with the stuff. So I think I'm gonna try and point Mom in a different direction!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi Mony,
I agree for a product from Avon that is expensive. Has your Mom ever thought of using Retin A (about 25 to 30 dollars, Canadian)? She will need a prescription though. I find this works great...but she will have to wear sunscreen in daytime. Retin A turns over the skin cells, and regenerates the collagen, which helps us all look younger.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The doctors are too lazy out here! unless you have brocken bones, they don't do prescriptions, she would have to see a dermatologist and that - she did, there is only one around here and he didn't want to prescribe it.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My Mom is one of those " sweet old Bitty's" ....If you can't buy it at the local store ....then you really don't need it...." she was one of those unlucky people whom has suffered credit card fraud. ( someone found her CC # and ordered thousands of dollars worth) then she had to fight it..... wasn't pleasant. But yes she is trying the stevia, she says she doesn't see much of a difference BUT I've noticed a big difference.. She is one of those, It didn't do much the first time, can't be that good, kinda people.I go over and basicaly slap the goop on her! (Nice daughter eh?LOL!) I know it's making a difference, but maybe she looks to hard and too long or something, she says she don't see it. But I noticed the eye are tightened up as well as the Jawls and more of an uplifted contour to her face, not to mention her skin looks alot healthier.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been an avon user for years as well as Retin A. I stopped using Retin A a year ago (although will be starting again) and I felt the Avon maintained. It left my skin very soft and moist. My favorite products are the anew ultimate night, Gold Emulsion night and instant face lift just because it moisturizes nicely under my makeup. I buy most of this on eBay where you can get samples equal to a full sized product for under $10 including shipping. Even buying the full size product there it is always way less than buying from a representative. I've been trying the stevia mask. My skin loves it. Now I'm thinking of trying the Xtendlife

1 - 8 of 8 Posts