Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of Avon or Mark makeup. My new neighbor sells it and it is a very reasonable price. Seems like alot of people use one thing or another from the company.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I've had a few love affairs with Avon makeup over the years. Usually when someone I know starts selling it, because it can be so cheap on sale.

I used to like their lengthening mascara, but found the last few times I bought it it seemed to "dry out" quickly? (I don't wear makeup or mascara everyday)

Some of their lipsticks are ok, colours can be hit & miss as they don't always look like the shade in the print cataloug. The moisturizing one feels the nicest, but anything "longwear" is drying.

I like the Glazewear lip glosses & still have 4 different colours. I stock up when they go on for $3.00

Used to love the Glimmersticks eyeliners. I have hazel green eyes & most of their colours looked nice. : )

Don't have much time to put my face on these days ... 2 toddlers keep me busy and have gotten their little hands on my makeup bag more than once!

Some of their fragrances are nice too.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I like Avon products. They are cheap and not bad at all for their price. They use to have regular promotions too which is great!!
I love their pen eyeliners and also many of their lipsticks. Haven't tried their fragrance yet but once I got a sample along with my order.. I forgot which one it was but the scent was very nice.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Rare Gold by Avon is one of my all time favorite fragrances. I do like some of their lip colors a lot.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Avon has great beauty products at such affordable prices. My neighbor sells from them as well. Their beyond color lipsticks are fabulous. Long lasting once applied & they condition my lips so well. They also are SPF 15 and are usually on sale, the last time I bought them it was by one get one half off, so for 2 lipsticks it cost me about $12. The other product I always get from them is their mascara and their eye makeup remover. The eye makeup remover always goes on sale for like $1.99 every once in a while!!! Great price.

As for their lotions, I suggest the Skin so soft products. Although I rarely buy them. Compared to my usual brand of Barielle, their is no comparison. Barielle is over and beyond the best source for foot, hand/nail & body lotion/creams & treatments.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Yep my absolute favorite lipstick of all and I have tried many is Avon's Beyond Color 2 X the Retinol, they are so moist and glide on and have the SPF protection for lips. The colors are fantastic. NO I am not an Avon Lady just a lover of the products.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I suck at eyeshadow. I end up looking like a car accident victim! more of it smudged under my eyes & on my cheeks & temples (forget the stuff is there & rub my eyes heehee!) so I just do not bother. As a little girl I loved those plastic avon brooches with the solid 'perfume' (bathroom air freshener) in them. I remember coloured soap crayons for in the bath too. As a kid they had all sorts of funny gimicky plastic stuff I was thrilled to get. For my mother it was great because the stuff was CHEAP but I felt like Gloria Swanson in my pink plastic baubles, flamingo pink kiddy lipstick & gobby Avon rings. I even had bubble-gum pink plastic heart shaped sun glasses. Verry classy! They still sell a lot of stuff like that & as soon as my niece is old enough, we're going to have some fun with Avon too.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
I use to wear shadow as a teen and into my 20's but at some point I just stopped using it. I want a more natural look and these look doable for me.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I don't know what it is about Avon, I haven't found anything that I particularly like but everytime I get my hands on a catalogue I spend a fortune.

I think I've sold everything I've bought from Avon bar one thing, which I still don't like I just haven't been able to find anything else like it. It's a skin brightener, but I found it made my skin look really washed out (even more so) so I tried mixing it with my foundation (which was always too dark for me anyway) and it does make my foundation much lighter and a bit more matched to my skin tone.

Gah. Rant over. But if anyone has any ideas of something similar that works I'd give you a kiss. Maybe not a kiss but meh. I'd give you a Thank, I still haven't used it at all yet lol.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Thankyou, I'll read some reviews of it. Have you used it?

You answered my question just to get a kiss didn't you? :p

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
LOL, Fawnie, at the pink sun-glasses/old yeller thing.

I believe Dollarama now carries them in pink, lilac AND aqua. Knock yourself out! Hehe..

·
Registered
550 Posts
Avon has one product that I know really works! It's called Anew Plump & Smooth for lips.
You use it in the morning and at night. The container is ugly, It looks like a gray & white pen. The plump side (gray side) for the lips really does make your lips plump better than the other products I have from Sephora.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
I like their dermabrassion. It works for me without irratating my skin! I also use their buble bath to wash my windows and my walls and floors- leaves a nice scent and no streaks!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts