Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Yes chunch. I've been using my BabyQ red/infrared/amber for 2 years now and love it!!! It helps keep my skin plumped up and smooth I think.

At first I used it 3 times a week, then once a week, now I just use it twic a month for maintenance.

There are lots of studies citing the benefits of LED as stimulating collagen.

There have been some favorable studies done, but some others state that the results are only subjective:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16414908?ordinalpos=1&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez. Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_DiscoveryPanel.P ubmed_Discovery_RA&linkpos=1&log$=relatedarticles& logdbfrom=pubmed

Sorry, it's not working but if you go to Pubmed and type in "LED for Photoaging" in the search it will give you many studies.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi all I am new here and have really found a lot of your posts helpful so far! Thank you!
That said I am 38 and SUFFER from acne terribly and of course am concerned with aging like everyone else. You can't tell from my avatar because I have become the master of cover-up! I have been to many dermatologists over the years as well as taking oral prescriptions and using prescription topicals. Recently, I spend $$$ on IPL. Nothing worked very well for the acne.
I recently decided as a last resort to purchase Baby Q Blue and Red. I've used Baby Blue twice so far and Baby Q Red once. OMG I think it's working! My face is so much less inflamed and the pre-existing acne seems to be getting better! Is this a dream? Also, I think my face is a little plumper. Please let this be my cure! I'll keep you all posted!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Up to 70% off!!!! NO I have no affiliation with Gilt if you are thinking that. I bet it will be MUCH cheaper then what I paid.....

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I think Toni09 belongs to that too and finds great buys! Skinstore.com runs specials and you get points for buying there.

Here is an application chart for the various wavelengths of LED therapy and the link. I think you want red and farinfrared for inflammation and pain relief according to this chart.

LED COLOUR\tNANOMETERS\tAPPLICATIONS
VIOLET\t400nm\t
- Antibacterial
- Psoriasis
- Dermatitis
- Vitiligo
- Acne, oily skin

BLUE\t490nm\t
- Antibacterial
- Attacks current Acne outbreaks
- Soothes sebaceous glands
- Helps alleviate Seasonal Affective Disorder (S.A.D.)

GREEN\t525nm\t
- Calms red or inflamed skin
- Broken red capillaries
- Rosacea
- Fading pigmentation and age spots
- Lessens erythema following treatments and procedures

YELLOW/
AMBER\tgreen and red combined\t
- Tightens and tones skin
- Attacks acne on a deeper level which help to prevent future acne outbreaks
- Reducing photoaging, pigmentation and age spots
- Reduce fine lines and wrinkles

RED\t650nm\t
- Collagen stimulation and production
- Increased circulation and cell repair
- Wound healing
- Scar reduction
- Reduce inflammation of sebaceous glands
- Reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- Skin rejuvenation

INFRARED
(handheld attachment only)\t850nm\t
- Deeper penetration than red light
- Increased wound healing
- Increased scar reduction
- Muscle healing
- Stimulate fibroblasts and collagen production
- Increased circulation

Sapphire Microdermabrasion and LED Phototherapy Solutions ? Sapphire Photonlite - affordable, profitable phototherapy equipment.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Used a Retinoic Peel about 5 days ago. Nothing happened after 3 days so I did my Baby Quasar (red) treatment, which I am used to using. Now (2 days later) my face is in full peel mode. My skin is pink in the peeled areas and a little stingy. My forehead is even peeling! Which excites me because this area can be stubborn.

Has anyone ever done this before? The Baby Q expedited a peel I thought wasn't working. I could have really burned myself if I treated longer than usual.

Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts