Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used Johnson & Johnson's baby shampoo on their own hair? I was reading about how there are 3 different types of surfactants in shampoo and the most gentle of which is called amphoteric shampoo. Johnson & Johnson's Baby shampoo is an amphoteric shampoo. So I went out and bought the 'No More Tangles for Curly Hair'. I used it this morning and, while it was very different, I really, really like it! It has a lovely, very light scent and my hair hasn't felt this soft in ages. My hair is baby fine and prone to oiliness. It's currently damaged by being lightened/bleached too much at the salon so I'm used to it feeling less than soft. Just wondering if anyone else has had any experience with it themselves.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Hmmm... my experience was totally different to yours, Vannanners. I bought the tangle free version and thought if I use baby shampoo, it would be gentle to both my hair and scalp. But unfortunately, I was so wroonnngg!! It left my scalp itchy and made my hair very dry and dull looking. I couldn't believe baby shampoo could be so harsh as I have tried many shampoos before and none has left my hair so dull and lifeless. I guess some J&J shampoos are not all that mild and gentle after all. I find most drug store brands gentler to these. I now use my baby shampoo to clean my make-up brushes/sponges!

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Yep tried it too- when I ran out of Tail n'Mane about a month ago, I don't know how they can label that stuff for babies, my scalp was so itchy.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
I tried the Johnson's original formula and one with lavender. Both made my hair dull and and soft, but not in the silky soft way, more like after-bleaching structure-less soft. But it makes a very nice body wash.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Has anyone used Johnson & Johnson's baby shampoo on their own hair? I was reading about how there are 3 different types of surfactants in shampoo and the most gentle of which is called amphoteric shampoo. Johnson & Johnson's Baby shampoo is an amphoteric shampoo. So I went out and bought the 'No More Tangles for Curly Hair'. I used it this morning and, while it was very different, I really, really like it! It has a lovely, very light scent and my hair hasn't felt this soft in ages. My hair is baby fine and prone to oiliness. It's currently damaged by being lightened/bleached too much at the salon so I'm used to it feeling less than soft. Just wondering if anyone else has had any experience with it themselves.
LOL! I just bought some today! Mainly because I have thick hair and will be having oral surgery and do not want to deal too much with my hair in the healing days!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Vananners;57563It's currently damaged by being lightened/bleached too much at the salon so I'm used to it feeling less than soft.[/QUOTE said:
I did the same thing!! (we may have similar hair types I would describe mine the same) I think at first it works great to get out the extra oils and build up from whatever shampoo you had been previously been using.

After a while I did notice it wasn't as great as the first few washes. Find 2 or 3 shampoo/conditioner combos you like and alternate them, that way you continue to get that look & feel you love from the first washes and you dont ever have too much build up from one type!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts