Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The back of my body is darker than the front of my body. This is so strange to me because I wear, umm, interesting shirts, sometimes, and my chest area is still light. The parts of me that get the very least sun are the darkest.

Anyone else like this? Maybe I should buy satin sheets? I sleep on my back, sometimes, and I use 'regular' sheets. I've started sitting on a pillow when I'm at the computer. Even though my chair's cushioned, I think sitting too long without extra plushness can cause hyperpigmentation on the bottom. My own analysis. Lol.

I exfoliate all over. Hmm.. Maybe I'll just keep at this 3% Nadinola for a sec and see what happens.

GoddessOfEarth

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone sell a 6% HQ? I don't want to stop lightening my frontside because of my backside. Not even to let my backside catch up.

·
Registered
110 Posts
yeah, I noticed this about myself as well. I think its because our back is harder to reach when bathing, so i guess were not getting all the dead skin off. I'm going to buy an exfoliator and try a toner as well.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I don't know about a 6% HQ source: sorry! I do have a legit source for a 10% HQ cream; if you're interested, let me know. The back is often a little darker that the front because the skin is thicker: thin skinned areas tend to be fairer. You can use something with a higher concentration on the darker areas OR lighten then first until you 'match' & then continue lightening all over.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Almost a month off of here. How are you coming along, Moni09?

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
After a month, she should be seeing some improvement...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Babs, HQ is Hydroquinone, where have you been? If you read more threads on lightening, you'll become familiar with such terms but its okay to ask.

Ondine, is the 10% HQ source the Texas one and is dead skin what makes skin considerably darker? I mean, we exfoliate and all but its still darker. That dead skin needs super exfoliating then. I emailed the Texas source twice now (Friday and today), inquiring about their cream but not heard from them yet. Any particular reason? Have you used their HQ 10%, if so, how did you find it?

Godess, been thinking of doing what Ondine is suggesting, lighten the darker areas first. My legs, arms and um... bum are darker esp my legs, don't know why as I rarely wear skirts. Someone else here had a similar situation. My back isn't darker than my chest and i can reach it very well

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Dead skin can make skin dull & thus appear darker because of how it reflects light, It can also get in the way of your lightening creams by affecting their absorption. The same is true for those using sunless tanning creams. They're advised to exfoliate first to ensure evenness & longer lasting results.

The 10% HQ cream is called DHL cream & it is from the Texas source c o s m e t i c s u r g e r y d a l l a s . c o m It could be that the clinic is closed for a Summer vacation. Keep checking. They may also be swamped with requests. try phoning them; use a phone card for cheaper rates.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Thanks Ondine will keep trying but I don't want to be a nuisance. I am now curious though about your findings and possible compounding of HQ. keep us posted! Thanks.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
As soon as I know, so will you.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Update: The Texas source finally responded. However, they me informed that they would be unable to send the DHR cream to me as it is prescription strength and they require me to be seen in the office as a current patient. In the past, i've had prescription strength Tretinoin Cream USP 0.1% sent to me. Had to complete a prescription form sent electronically so hoping they can do the same.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
HAHA! Don't EVER Super Exfoliate! I tried that a few years ago and it cause jet black hyperpigmentation on my chin area. I know, I know the face area is VERY sensitive and one must ALWAYS be extremely delicate with the face. I, also, think the super exfoliating comment was a joke, right? Lol!!

So, the Texas source needs a script?
>>
J/K, lol..but, dang. I'll reach my goal, ANYWAY!!!!

I like the smilies, lol!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hahaha, yes, the super exfoliating comment was a joke. We do exfoliate but the skin on these areas is still dark, so wondered what they needed to respond like they are being exfoliated
. Yes, Texas source needs a prescription.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Funny; I've got a jar of their product & I didn't require a prescription. Weird! All I did was request the stuff & submit my visa #. I don't live anywhere near Texas & I've never set foot in their clinic.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Below is the actual response.

Thank you for your interest, bit
We are sorry to inform you that we are unable to send you the DHR cream.
This cream is prescription strength and we require you to be seen in the office as a current patient.*
Thank you,
Christine Foster
Plastic Surgery Center of Dallas

Ondine, in detail, how did you go about it and when do tou use DHR in your regimen?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I sent them an email request for it along with my address etc. They responded with the price & the shipping costs. I sent them my visa # & they shipped me the cream. Perhaps they got inundated with requests & ran into a problem? It IS true that 10% HQ is a prescription strength, though.

Ninasky & I are hard at work learning everything we can about compounding wth HQ. There's a lot to learn here. At some point (hopefully soon) we'll have figured out how to make a safe effective potent stable lightening cream. When we do & we'll post he info for innovative members to try.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yes, may be they ran into problems? Are you currently using DHR and or how have you used it in you regimen?

Nice that you and Nina have sometime to figure compounding HQ. I'm very interested in that and if I get sometime I will investigate the same.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Good! The more people do research & post what they learn, the sooner we'll crack the code to safe effective skin lightening. Why should tanners have all the fun?

As for the DHR, I loved the light texture & the spreadability of it. The RA gave it a gorgeous pale lemon colour too (NOT a dye but just from the RA). It looked good enough to eat! There was no odour & it absorbed fast & was not greasy. I used it on stubborn darker areas (elbows, knees & that funny area between the ankles & above the heel: achille's tendon?) It DID lighten & blend them considerably but I'd like to compound an affordable & reliable 'all over the body' HQ cream. From what I am researching, it should be entirely possible & uch of the discussion against skin lightening aong Dr's in The West has to do with cultural & ethical concerns (aka hypocrisy & an attempt to linit the choices of dark skinned people!). None of these Dr's were advocating making tanning beds or tanning oil accessible only by prescription. Thousands die annually of melanomas from lying in the sun BUT not a single person has ever died from an HQ cream. EVER. there have been some sicknesses from lead poisoning or mercury exposire, but NOT from the HQ. I truly think that the thought of a brown person being able to choose to turn white scares the crap out of the. Plus, if anyone can do it, there goes any white pretense of superiority.

Thank goodness for forums like this one where we can support & assist eachother w/o accusations of being debilitated emotional cripples enmired in self-hatred! A couple of days ago, I was at the pharmacy in the creams dept. 2 white women (both quite attractive) passed by talking to eachother. One said (in french) I'm as white as a ghost! My tan washed off. I need to get some more sunless tanner before I fade & disappear!. The other one said, me too. Imagine had that been 2 black women & one said:" I've got to get more HQ; i've darkened so much that I'm black as coal! If I don't get some soon, I'll be so dark you won't see me at night & the other replied 'me too'. How differently would we judge these women? It speaks to who has the right to make choices & who does not.
to us claiming OUR right to look however the heck we want to & be masters of our choices.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That for enlighten me with what HQ is Litten Erlin, now i know. Thanks

HAS ANYONE USE striae cream BEFORE? Is it any good?
I am thinking of buying it for my stretch marks.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts