Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard from a stylist that Dove, Pantene and a few other well-known, popular products are bad for the hair. They like add wax build-up. Is this true? Because I use dove and my hair feels so soft and weight free.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I heard from a stylist that Dove, Pantene and a few other well-known, popular products are bad for the hair. They like add wax build-up. Is this true? Because I use dove and my hair feels so soft and weight free.
Does your stylist sell a particular brand of shampoos and conditioners? What suggestions were made to you for another brand.

I was told not to use Head and Shoulders shampoo because it is very harsh --yet my doctor suggested I use it -- and it helped clear up a scalp condition I had.

First of all -- educate yourself on product ingredients and make a decision on whether to purchase a cosmetic or shampoo or whatever based on your knowledge. If you like Dove and you're not experiencing any problems continue to use it. The next time you see your stylist ask to see the article they originally referred to.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Some ppl believe that silicones in shampoos can build up on the hair. A simple clarifying shampoo once a week can help avoid that.

SLS can dry the hair and strip color. I would look for shampoos that state "SLS free"

Skin | care | talk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts