Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Hi Preethivarma & welcome to the forum. Your brief post explains nothing about how to 'use baking soda for skin lightening'. Is this a folk remedy you are trying? What do you do: mix the powder into some sort of a masque or paste? How often do you apply it & for how long do you leave it on? How long before a person can expect to see results? Please share more of your ideas.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I just checked out this baking soda thing & apparently it appears to lighten by exfoliating away dead skin cells when diluted with water (or lemon juice & water) & used as a scrub. It will not affect melanin production, though.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I heard baking soda was or is good for acne..I've been using baking soda
As an exfoliater...it does work very nicely, but I haven't gotten lighter...I'm still trying to find a really good skin lightener to lighten just my knees,booty and feet...it's the suns fault...if you guys know of a good skin lightener please let me know

·
Registered
199 Posts
I heard baking soda was or is good for acne..I've been using baking soda
As an exfoliater...it does work very nicely, but I haven't gotten lighter...I'm still trying to find a really good skin lightener to lighten just my knees,booty and feet...it's the suns fault...if you guys know of a good skin lightener please let me know

·
Registered
199 Posts
Well what I do is wet my hands first, leave them wet (water still dripping wet) and then I put like a dime size amount in my hand and just rub my hands together to get the baking soda on both hands, then I exfoliate! I'm horrible at explaining things, so I hoped I helped you more than confused you

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Allhar! I see you are in an aggressive mood. I hope you read the many informative threads here & discover a solution to your problem so your mood can change to something more positive-like happy! You will surely find a solution somewhere in here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts