Skin Care Talk banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
HI. I have used both Bare Essentials and Sheer Cover and my preference is Bare Essentials for 2 reasons. I feel BAre Essetials is lighter on my face. I have broken blood vessels on my face, and really need good cover up for it. I use 3 products from BAre essentials and you would never tell I have make up on. The concealer, bisque make up and then there all over all face color, and it is sooo wonderful. I just love it.....and you can buy BAre Essentials basically anywhere... Sephora, Qvc, etc. SHeer Cover is ok...a little bit more oily on the skin for me....but the biggest factor I do NOT like, is that is can only be purchased on line or phone, and then you are locked into auto delivery every month. They do have a plan where you can change the delivery schedule...but for example you only want a delivery every 3 months. they send you a 3 month supply and charge you for like 90$ or more....You cannot just get a one month supply every 3 months or so on....that is the aspect that I really do not like. I don't like being locked into programs, however, you do have the option to cancel anytime. But you can only cancel by phone, and then when a rep gets you on the phone, they try to talk you into other programs, etc.,....you get the drill. Hope that helps.

· Registered
2,706 Posts
I use Sheer Cover right now but I'm not thrilled with it. I want Leeza Gibbons' flawless finish!! And the makeup doesn't do that! LOL! Her skin in that infomercial sells this product. Totally flawless and gorgeous!

Lete - you hit the nail on the head. I HATE the autodelivery thing. Now what I do is I call and order what I want, and then cancel immediately when my shipment comes. When they try to talk me into it, I just say, No, thanks. No, thanks. Gotta go. Bye. And hang up. It's a hassle. If I could find one that covers like Leeza Gibbons, I'd switch in a heartbeat! Oh, and if it can make me look like her - I'd pay millions!!!

· Registered
1 Posts
Bare Minerals is my pick...it is not toxic...that is crazy.
I have tried Sheer Cover and it is awful! Makes your face shiny & glitter filled.
They only bill in 3 month installments as well.
I can purchase Bare Minerals as needed here in Canada at Shopprs Drug Mart, they carry almost everything in the line.

· Registered
2,991 Posts
You don't have to be in the Foundation Club with Bare Escentuals. It's an option... I was in it for a while, but canceled. I bought a lot of foundation from ebay, then from Sephora when we got one in Albuquerque in 2008. I LOVE the Eye Club. Great value unlike the Foundation club which I didn't find to be a great value at all.

· Registered
5 Posts
Bare Minerals for sure! I am so sensitive to alot of products and was so sick of wearing makeup that felt heavy and looked like you had a mask on. I watched the infomercials for a long time but still wasn't convinced it would work for me. Then I saw it on QVC and watched how those ladies applied it and gave in. It's the best makeup - for me anyway. It doesn't dry out your skin which surprised me. It goes on smooth and really feels like you have no makeup on at all which is a huge plus for me.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone,

I was on a search of MMU too. I have sheercover (and they are still stuck with me). it has that smooth skin look, but it also have that white cast. their transluscent powder made my face look oily after like 5 minutes. that's the reason why i stopped using it, i didn't have any itchy issues thou.

with bare minerals, i have their Mineral Veil and aside from making my skin oily after 5 minutes (like sheercover), i had an itchy issues too (it took time before i caught this culprit). those were the reasons why I stopped using those MMU.

if you make me choose - i'll go with sheercover (I didn't experience any blemishes, break-outs and itchiness)

a week ago, I was fine with MAC studio fix (we know their foundation looks foundation on your skin, and when you remove it with a towel, you'll see how much product you have on your skin) and "the balm" translucent powder (it made my skin look matte but doesn't stays long, just an "ok" powder) until i discovered this brand in the net.

its "Ellana Minerals". what caught my attention was about the itchy issue, and the owner/producer of Ellana (Ms. Coney) also experienced the same issues (like we did) with Bare minerals and i was curious that I scanned and read blogs about it. (well, there are some users that i think had put too much on. you can be the judge anyway.)

this brand gives free sample you just have to pay for the delivery fee - that's just amazing right?

you have few informations to answer and based on the type of skin (skin details like cool - pinkish-oily skin) that you have they will send you (their suggested shades):

1 foundation - gives a matte glowing finish, nice coverage.
1 blush - blends really well (and i mean well. since it's in ziplocks what i put on my palm, i use it all, and it didn't give me a hard time to blend it on my skin, not making me look like a clown).
1 finishing powder - matte glowing finish, nice coverage (it compliments the initial foundation.
1 concealer - its a "little" hard to blend, but this is the only concealer that concealed my eyebags (i proved it when my eyes where swelling from sleeping too late, and it didn't look over done, didn't have problems with creases or lines).

it takes 2-3 days after delivery fee is paid. they took only 2 days, and voila their free samples are in my hands already.

the only thing is, their MMU free samples are packed in ziplocks (well, I didn't pay for anything).

I have been using it (their free sample) for straight one week now (that's how many it is - but really a little goes a long way). I didn't encounter any blemishes, break out, itchiness and it stays good for 8-10 hours without re-touch. and I have friends and colleagues who have been telling me i look better.

and this one is very, very affordable.

I haven't done a blog about this, but I will (hopefully soon).

it feels light, looks natural, and my skin looks glowing and when you use a towel to remove it, you'll see how little you had on your face.

I Love It! definitely will purchase it!

i hope this helps, and i hope you find your MMU.

*my make-up on my profile pix was MMU samples that i received from Ellana.
* this is based on my experience with the above mentioned make-up brands.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.