Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must firstly say hello to everyone and especially those of you here in England. Thank you for clicking on this page and hopefully giving me some useful feedback. Thank you.
Now here goes, I am 46 years old physically but still stuck in my late 20’s early 30’s in mind and spirit. My complexion is fair and I have green/blue eye colouring depending on what eye-shadow I wear. Strange I know but when I cry, which is usually at any old soppy film and even some telly ad’s, must be the hormones I think... my eyes become extremely blue. My skin tone is apparently ‘cool’ which did make me laugh because I can actually say for once ‘I am cool’. I do have sensitive skin which is due to my previous job and have started to develop age spots on my face; I put this done to when I was pregnant and my pigmentation changing. Yes, you guessed it, hormones again !!!! I have a natural white streak in my hair, which I have been told would cost a fortune if I asked this to be done at the hairdressers. Following leaving my job, cabin crew, I now fine myself ditching the foundation, bronzer, blusher etc and becoming a born again virgin ..... of sorts. I would love you all to put your heads together and if possible, recommend any good moisturizer, eye-shadow, lipstick etc... So please if you can help me look like I have spent hours in front of the mirror but in reality I have only taken a couple of minutes. Then I would love to hear from you. Remember, I want to look natural but with what looks like minimum effort. Cosmetic surgery, is out of the question just in case you ask.........

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'd say use mineral make up. There are many different brands. Also, Lauren Hutton makes a great looking make up which she sells on HSNdotcom. It's a face disk or something like that. Anyway, it's got everything you need in one large compact and she makes it very clear how to use it. I haven't used her stuff, but I've been tempted to. I do use mineral make up (Jane Iredale) and I like it because it looks very natural and doesn't feel like you have make up on.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Whats your price bracket OP? I would generally say that you get what you pay for, but know that there is a limit for some of us on just how much you feel is worth the money!

I use Nuxe, I also have very fair skin (exept mine is a warm yellower tone), I find that most skin care with mineral oils in (n/b not the same as mineral make-up) brings me out in hige spots so now I only use products without it. I only found out about the mineral thing by accident, I had just managed to find a great moisturiser which was given to me in a sachet at a health and beauty show. I had 5 samples, lasted me 2 weeks and I got no spots for the first time in ages! (Without mineral oil products I just don't get spots at all).

For eye shadow and lipstick, you can't go wrong with Mac for quality, staying power and getting the colour you paid for, not a washed out version. But being the age you are, I'd imagine your style is more suited to Laura Mercer, Bobbi Brown or YSL who are great. Boots is OK but not very exiting in terms of colour - but the nail varnish at No.7 are great. Chanel is another nice brand to try. If cash is an issue, Maybelline is great for mascaras (all except the pink one that is) and foundations.

If your not sure on trying to find a new look or style, visit a few counters for advice- don't stop at one, book appointments in one a week, try out the look they give you for a whole week before moving on. That way you learn, you can practice and you can gain tips on what works for you. Remember, what works for you is not just about how you look, but also about how easy or possible it is for you to apply that look by yourself- bear that in mind when speaking to make up assistants who have been at their job for years with a lot of experience and also are applying make up with two eyes, two hands and a full picture of your face!

BTW, best eyeliner is Bobbi Brown's gel liner!

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Hi and welcome to the site! I agree with TIgerlily, the bareminerals are great I love their eye liners especially the "hello bright eyes". As for what brands I use myself, I use a lot of Lise Watier's products... I love the foundation and eye, cheek and lip colours.. And they are at a decent price as well. I will however say that for skin care I use some Lise Watiers' and some Lancome products. Whatever you do do NOT FEEL like you have to stick to one brand- lots of people get stuck in that rut. One line may have a great foundation- but lousy cleanser or concealer, best thing is to go and experiment at the beauty counters and ask for samples so you can try them at home and figure out which are the best for YOU!!!!!!! Good Luck in your quest!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts