Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few of us were sharing interesting concoctions that are good for your skin, so here are some more I've been using over the years. If anyone knows of anymore recipes like this, post them below!

~Skin Clarifying Tonic~ (a modified version of something I posted before. It's better tasting!)

This energizing drink helps keep blemish prone skin in check. Drink daily, or for acute skin breakouts drink 3 times daily.

Youâ€2122ll need:
Tall glass of purified water
Juice of ½ a lemon (detoxifying, antiseptic, best source of vitamin C)
1 ½ tablespoons Organic Apple Cider Vinegar (actually pulls toxins from skin tissues while cleansing intestines)
2 tablespoons Organic Aloe Vera juice (antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, antiseptic)
Stevia or Honey to sweeten

Combine the above ingredients and serve over ice.

~Calm Complexion Tea~

This refreshing beverage minimizes redness and irritated complexions. Drink whenever needed

Youâ€2122ll need:
Purified water
Watermelon rinds, chopped (whatever you wouldnâ€2122t eat)
2-4 Chamomile tea bags

Brush watermelon skin clean and put in a large pot covered with double the amount of water. Boil watermelon rinds for 1 hour. Remove from heat and allow chamomile tea to steep for 5 minutes. Remove watermelon rinds and enjoy warm or chilled!

~Icy Antioxidant Elixir~

Ok, I'll admit I drink this next one more often because it tastes so freakin good, rather than for it's skin benefits.

Youâ€2122ll need
Purified water
3-4 green tea bags
1 handful fresh or frozen blueberries (high in antioxidants, and vitamins B6, C and K)
1 handful fresh or frozen blackberries (high in antioxidants and Omega-3s)
1 handful fresh or frozen strawberries (high in antioxidants and Amino Acids)

Brew a strong pot of green tea and allow to cool completely (remove tea bags after 5-7 minutes to avoid bitter taste). Combine fruit in a blender and cover with chilled green tea. If the fruit is not frozen, add a ½ cup to 1 cup of ice and blend.
Oh, and! Make the same concoction with only fresh, not frozen strawberries (so as not to stain your face blue, ha!) and put it on as mask for 15 minutes. The fruit's acids gently exfoliate and the vitamin c will brighten your complexion.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Awesome stuff. I'm going to have to give some of it a shot. You got any more?

I've never tried apple cider vinegar. What does it taste like?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Freddy finally put up a pic! Hot stuff!!

Sorry about the off topic post!

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Hahaha...I'm getting ready to do another commercial. I'll post up a link if I remember once it comes out. Hehe

·
Registered
22 Posts
The antioxidant elixir sounds great! Apple Cider Vinegar has a very pungent smell and a very sour taste. Pretty strong stuff so definitely must be diluted. I usually add just a teaspoon to 200ml water before drinking. It's very good for body cleansing though especially a heavy meal of grilled meat.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
The antioxidant elixir sounds great! Apple Cider Vinegar has a very pungent smell and a very sour taste. Pretty strong stuff so definitely must be diluted. I usually add just a teaspoon to 200ml water before drinking. It's very good for body cleansing though especially a heavy meal of grilled meat.
Yes - as Starlight says here, it is important to dilute the ACV not just because of the harsh taste, but also in order to protect your teeth. ACV = acetic acid which is corrosive to enamel - so either dilute it well, or just take the tablets which I also do from time to time (good for travel).

·
Administrator
33,823 Posts
Yes - as Starlight says here, it is important to dilute the ACV not just because of the harsh taste, but also in order to protect your teeth. ACV = acetic acid which is corrosive to enamel - so either dilute it well, or just take the tablets which I also do from time to time (good for travel).
Apple Cider tablets Mireckca? Never heard of those before.

I know when I take my Vit C AM/PM I make sure I brush right away because of acidity in that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts