Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has this happened to anyone else? Over the years I've been lightening my skin, not constantly and never getting consistent results, i.e. when I'd get lighter I'd stop, then redarken. Now I'm the darkest I've ever been and I can't seem to lighten up at all. In the last couple years I've used dodo, g&g cream + oil, ikb, neosprosone, all in conjunction, and it has done nothing for me. I even still have jars of all the stuff cause I kept buying more. Ive used these products consistently for a year and have not seen any results. Is there no more hope for me? what are my options?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Has this happened to anyone else? Over the years I've been lightening my skin, not constantly and never getting consistent results, i.e. when I'd get lighter I'd stop, then redarken. Now I'm the darkest I've ever been and I can't seem to lighten up at all. In the last couple years I've used dodo, g&g cream + oil, ikb, neosprosone, all in conjunction, and it has done nothing for me. I even still have jars of all the stuff cause I kept buying more. Ive used these products consistently for a year and have not seen any results. Is there no more hope for me? what are my options?
What did you use before those products? Have you used hydroquinone or steroids for a long time before?

Do you exfoliate with gloves and lotions? Skin build?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Years ago I used to use Fair & White, Piona, and Clear Essence. This would have been around 2012-2015. I used Kojic soap, and Korean scrub glove, and LA once in a while. Most of my exfoliation came from using the lightening soaps though.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What did you use before those products? Have you used hydroquinone or steroids for a long time before?

Years ago I used to use Fair & White, Piona, and Clear Essence. This would have been around 2012-2015. I used Kojic soap, and Korean scrub glove, and LA once in a while. Most of my exfoliation came from using the lightening soaps though.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I only been skin lightening for a year and I already feel like my skin is resistant to Arbutin and certain acids, I have been using GA, KA and haven't been seeing a difference like when I first used the product. Arbutin used to keep my skin clear but now I have been breaking out!

·
Registered
386 Posts
You might want to try TCA peels and mequinol or a Rx HQ product with retin A I’ve noticed these African products don’t work on me either

·
Registered
328 Posts
Post pictures of how your gng and dodo looks? It might be a different version

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You might want to try TCA peels and mequinol or a Rx HQ product with retin A I’ve noticed these African products don’t work on me either
Thanks for the advice! I decided I will give glutathione pills a try, something tells me that maybe my body is toxic and I need to fix it from the inside out? 🤷🏾‍♀️ and from what I read on here, HQ and glutathione cancel each other out? Even though I've never seen a real scientific reasoning behind it. I've done peels in the past and have gotten marginal results. Im going to try 15% Azelaic acid which I hear is great for hyperpigmentation, it'll arrive in a week or so. I'm also going to ask my doctor for prescription Retin A. I'm curious at what creams/lotions I can use topically in addition to Azelaic acid and Retin A, that doesn't contain HQ. Any ideas?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Thanks for the advice! I decided I will give glutathione pills a try, something tells me that maybe my body is toxic and I need to fix it from the inside out? 🤷🏾‍♀️ and from what I read on here, HQ and glutathione cancel each other out? Even though I've never seen a real scientific reasoning behind it. I've done peels in the past and have gotten marginal results. Im going to try 15% Azelaic acid which I hear is great for hyperpigmentation, it'll arrive in a week or so. I'm also going to ask my doctor for prescription Retin A. I'm curious at what creams/lotions I can use topically in addition to Azelaic acid and Retin A, that doesn't contain HQ. Any ideas?
glutathione is more of a fallacy wont work maybe 2 shades on a . Dark skin person African products are full of toxins steroids mercury That make the skin resistant after a while HQ with regular peels like ordinary AHA peel works way better than glutathione trust me

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
glutathione is more of a fallacy wont work maybe 2 shades on a . Dark skin person African products are full of toxins steroids mercury That make the skin resistant after a while HQ with regular peels like ordinary AHA peel works way better than glutathione trust me
Thanks for the response. Honestly, Im not even trying to get "that" light. My face is significantly darker than my body and if I can manage to make my face at least 2 shades I'll be happy. What HQ products do you recommend?

·
Registered
328 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Knew it the products you are using are not originals, it's either the fake version or ineffective version.

Also use exfoliating gloves once a week. Amlactin 4 days. Sauna suit 4 days. Sunscreen everyday. Shea butter two days in the week at night. You can still enjoy the sun 1 hour daily.
oh wow! really? how can you tell if its fake or ineffective version? I wish I knew before I purchased, I sincerely thought they were genuine products, now im shocked and disturbed that I've been putting illegitimate products on my face for the last couple of years 😤

·
Registered
328 Posts
oh wow! really? how can you tell if its fake or ineffective version? I wish I knew before I purchased, I sincerely thought they were genuine products, now im shocked and disturbed that I've been putting illegitimate products on my face for the last couple of years 😤
Where did u buy them?

If it's been working for you continue.

There's different ingredients.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Thanks for the response. Honestly, Im not even trying to get "that" light. My face is significantly darker than my body and if I can manage to make my face at least 2 shades I'll be happy. What HQ products do you recommend?
Buy the obagi nuderm or fx kit 2 shades are very easy to get

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
I think this would be best. Detox your body internally, drink lots of water and take milk thilstles to cleanse your liver.

I have the same issue and I know an internal detox would be best. Don't use HQ if you think you are immune, you'll just make things worst no matter how good the product is.

Detox first then you can try Aurbtin. (Sp*)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts