Skin Care Talk banner

Been lightening for years, now my skin has become resistant to lightening products

6K views 21 replies 5 participants last post by  pengcaramelglo 
#1 ·
Has this happened to anyone else? Over the years I've been lightening my skin, not constantly and never getting consistent results, i.e. when I'd get lighter I'd stop, then redarken. Now I'm the darkest I've ever been and I can't seem to lighten up at all. In the last couple years I've used dodo, g&g cream + oil, ikb, neosprosone, all in conjunction, and it has done nothing for me. I even still have jars of all the stuff cause I kept buying more. Ive used these products consistently for a year and have not seen any results. Is there no more hope for me? what are my options?

#5 ·
I only been skin lightening for a year and I already feel like my skin is resistant to Arbutin and certain acids, I have been using GA, KA and haven't been seeing a difference like when I first used the product. Arbutin used to keep my skin clear but now I have been breaking out!

#8 ·
Thanks for the advice! I decided I will give glutathione pills a try, something tells me that maybe my body is toxic and I need to fix it from the inside out? 🤷🏾‍♀️ and from what I read on here, HQ and glutathione cancel each other out? Even though I've never seen a real scientific reasoning behind it. I've done peels in the past and have gotten marginal results. Im going to try 15% Azelaic acid which I hear is great for hyperpigmentation, it'll arrive in a week or so. I'm also going to ask my doctor for prescription Retin A. I'm curious at what creams/lotions I can use topically in addition to Azelaic acid and Retin A, that doesn't contain HQ. Any ideas?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.